• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Diamond drive in an 1m??

Hi!

I want to try to put an diamond drive in a 800mc chassis. Is this an good idea, any pros/cons?
What doner sled sould i be looking for an system from?

I have seen a Polaris 900 with a DD installed. It was pretty slick when done.

But to be 100% honest. Don't waste your time on it. The gains are minimal and the increased potential of a DD failure would steer me WAY away from this.

Spend your coin on other things. IE rear suspension, HP, Etc.

Thunder

i put on in o5 kingcat. makes feel more like m when side hilling, still trying to get the clutching right, but works better the stock, if i had to do it again i
would just put powder claw track on it, that was my best inprovement

I think that the diamond drive will be obsolete this yr. It robs more power than you think? They will replace with either a a chain in that case and a lower brake assy on the drive shaft as designed. Or back to the old design with brake above on the jack shaft? I really think the previous will happen as they have the engine reverse.

Mike

But!

The Diamond D, would have given me:

-Reverse

-Drop and roll

-Less pounds

My 2001 needs badley all of the above.:face-icon-small-dis

Buy a 1m chassis, gear it down, and put in chain case reverse. Loose weight elsewhere, seat, hood, suspension... Might not be cheaper but would be better in the long run. I did all this but without the reverse and mine stays right behind my buddies m1000 with slp full exhaust and cpc intake.

Premium Features

Back