• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

zero pro collapse

M
Dec 16, 2007
montana
Was in west last weekend riding in awesome snow:) and when i got back to town my back shock was collapsed and would not come back. Rented a sled for saturday. On sunday when i put the sled back on the trailer it came back, still isn't right but is not totaly collapsed. Anybody have this happen, does it need rebuilt or is it going to be ok? Did the valve stick in it, doesn't look like it leaked around the shaft.

05 m7 light mods
99 polaris mod

T
Nov 27, 2007
Cle Elum, Wa
Not sure what the cause is. Had mine do the same once 2 years ago(new), got off after a particular bumpy trail and it was collapsed to the bottom. Lift the rear and it fell right back down. Got back on and continued up the trail figuring the 2 feet of pow would be my shock. 5 minutes later got off and fully rebounded when I got off the sled. WTF? Did it once about 3 weeks ago although not completely on the stops, again on the same whooped out trail also. Next meadow it sprung back up. Maybe a valve sticking/icing. I don't know. No other problems over 3 seasons of riding.

M
Dec 16, 2007
montana
Not sure what the cause is. Had mine do the same once 2 years ago(new), got off after a particular bumpy trail and it was collapsed to the bottom. Lift the rear and it fell right back down. Got back on and continued up the trail figuring the 2 feet of pow would be my shock. 5 minutes later got off and fully rebounded when I got off the sled. WTF? Did it once about 3 weeks ago although not completely on the stops, again on the same whooped out trail also. Next meadow it sprung back up. Maybe a valve sticking/icing. I don't know. No other problems over 3 seasons of riding.

Mine was the same situation was deep snow followed by a bumpy trail. I have seen a walker evans shock do this but it was bad from the factory and did it right away.

Premium Features