• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xcr 600 twisted crank?

C
Feb 27, 2011
I need help.. I threw a almond clutch spring and can on my 95 xcr 600 triple and i took it out and it ran for a day and now it sounds like the timing is off its backfiring through the exhaust its boggy on lowend (compared to the first day) I cant really tell but the pto and mag side keep fouling out spark plugs (I think ) but I cant really tell they sometimes will come out wet sometimes brown(like they are suppose to) I did the obvious and threw the stock silencer back on it and it didnt help. Now when it sits there and idles you can hear on cylinder firing way out of time it likes like boom...boom...boom while its idling at 1600-1800 haha. there is nothing wrong with the carbs the needle and seats were replaced the no floats are stuck nothing of that nature any help would be great dont wanna tackle an engine rebuild if i dont have to

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
Try cutting a 1/4 inch off your plug wires both ends if you can. You might have a coil thats not getting full contact through the wires to the plug cap ive seen this a few times and it does feel like the sled bogs out and loose power but will idle perfect all day long. Plugs will do this also if its fouled out, try getting new plugs also after you do the coil wire thing a ma bob.

Premium Features