• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will i be able to buy the retro body panels when my 2011 RMK comes in?

S

snow4me

Dec 22, 2007
I'm worried as I ordered the Turbo Silver but really want to put the retro panels on I when I get it. Now I am being told by my friend that he bets that they won't be for sale over the counter similar to what cat has done with their snowcheck colors and graphics in the past. Any ideas?

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
That was the biggest disappointment to me in this years snowcheck offerings. They would have sold a ton of retro-rmks I believe. I would love to have one. To answer your question, the short track hood and panels are a slightly different shape and will not fit on the rmk's. The orange rmk Assault panels should and should be available. I'm thinking about doing that one.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'm pretty sure that the side panels and hood are the same dimensions...

The fenders (#10 in the parts dwg), from what I understand, are different on the Rush and the RMK... the fenders on the RMK are slimmer for less bodywork in the snow when sidehilling etc.

I'm not even sure the Heritage blue side panels are painted... looks like a wrap on a black side panel... If that is the case, you should be able to get just the wrap, or someone will make them for you (like ArcticFX).

The hood is super spendy ... in the $400 range... Maybe more for the limited build white ones. The hood, from what I'm told, is not TPU but a nylon compound like the belly pan and would be super difficult to get paint to stick. The TPU side panels are easy to paint with standard body shop grade paint supplies.

SNOW%5CFENDERS%5C10PR.gif

RMK_800_Pro_155_SC_11_3QRBeauty.jpg
Rush_800_Pro_SC_11_3Q-1.jpg

Last edited:
S

snow4me

Dec 22, 2007
Thanks guys. I was led to believe the quick detach side panels and hood were all interchangeable, and I agree with mountainhorse, I still believe they are. The fenders definately look different but I am leaving those alone. I guess I am most worked that they won't offer them at the parts counter to anyone that wants to buy them. My buddy said if you had a cat with the special snowcheck graphics and wrecked it, you had to have a vin # to order new ones since they were snowcheck only. Dunno?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
You will be able to buy them... Probably will be available around mid Nov as replacement parts...

The graphics do not come on the side panels hood... those are extra.

I'd get your stock side panels painted at your local body shop and have some graphics made.....IMO.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
At the SnowShoot I asked this exact question and they said absolutely, you can buy them they are a direct fit.

I suggested "firmly" they offer it in the RMK but they declined.

sled_guy

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Does anyone know if the white center hood is the flat version (like all the center hoods I've seen so far) or gloss version (like the red and orange side panels on the RMK's)? I'm not sure if anyone has seen the Rush in retro.

Premium Features