• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's ran a Dynojet Power Commander on M1000?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
I talked to Dustin and Robie at SLP yesterday and they told me to switch out the BD box for the Power Commander. SLP is recommending the Power Commander with all their Single pipe combo's as of 1/19 b/c it is much more precise and is tunable down to 250 RPM increments, giving the M10 much better performance from bottom to top.

SLP has there own settings for the M10's (with SLP pipe combo) and they say it pulls much harder than the BD setup. No bog down low and stronger in the mid and on top. I bought the Power Commander and will be giving it a try this weekend. Dustin said I wouldn't be disappointed :)......

Bummer deal is that I spent 3 hours installing the snopro intake and BD frog skins in the nose and I haven't even got to try it out yet. I have to put the stock intake back in until we can get some time with the Power Commander.....

If anyone else has some feedback, let's hear it......

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
It just plugs into ECU and I velcro the box on top of ECU. Don't have to mess with injectors.

Going back to stock intake just to see how the SLP map works. I've got a good feel for the BD setup and I want to see if the difference is really as big as claimed.

C
Nov 9, 2005
Montana
Thanks for the info. Let us know how it works for you. I too would be switching from a BD box, so I would be more than a little interested in your findings. :beer;

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
Interesting. Just ordered the Pipe set and a BD Box B/C that is what they recommended on their "related items". I think I will hang on for a bit to hear your results. Then again, anyone have the balls to try the SLP setup w/out the box at all??? I know the M8's have been run this way w/ very good results.

J
Nov 7, 2008
ya im runnin my 09 1000 without the box and my afr guage is always around 13 at wot and 14 at idle, unless my afr guage is screwed its all good, but i just ordered the power commander just to be on the safe side. Slp insists that I will blow it up i guess they want to make some more money, and they did

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
Took the first trip with the power commander today. I was really impressed with the throttle response from low to mid. Sled is very snappy on the trail and whatever bog or hesitation I had before is now gone.....The M1000 climbed well before, but now it just comes out of the hole much stronger and cleaner. I was pretty pleased with the reaction time when I mashed the throttle.

On a long pull, I don't think my top end is any better than it was with the BD. The advantage that the power commander does have comes when climbing a technical hill or sidehilling. Power is there when you need it and the sled is so responsive.

I didn't have another M1000 to ride with today, but I'll be out with an identical '09 setup next weekend and will be able to line them up and ride them back to back.

Overall, I'm pleased with the performance. I feel the sled is much better now for boondocking and overall mountain riding. Before it was a monster on a long step climb, but if I had to get off the throttle for any reason, I'd have to conpensate and plan for that bog.

Thanks to the guys at SLP!!! They do know there stuff.

Oh, sled pulls 7750 to 7800 R's up the fresh lines on the hill. Before it was 7550 to 7650....SLP recommended 7800 with pipe setup.

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
keep us posted very interested have a freind waiting to see how they work . I had the old boondockers box on a m7 and hated it had to ajust it all the time . They say you don't have to ajust the power commander let me know. Thanks

B
Dec 21, 2006
Ok, couple of questions. The Powercommander is tuned on a computer. I do know that it has low, mid, and hi buttons on the box. If you need to adjust on the hill, do these buttons just add across the whole low, mid, or hi? Do you have to have different maps like you do for the BD box? Are you playing when changing in elevation? In talking to a couple of other tuners, this is a lot more precise than the BD box.

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
Ok, couple of questions. The Powercommander is tuned on a computer. I do know that it has low, mid, and hi buttons on the box. If you need to adjust on the hill, do these buttons just add across the whole low, mid, or hi? Do you have to have different maps like you do for the BD box? Are you playing when changing in elevation? In talking to a couple of other tuners, this is a lot more precise than the BD box.

As far as adjusting on the hill, you can do this w/out the computer. I was advised by SLP that it would be best to have an additional display monitor (from Dynojet) to do this. I think the monitor gives a/f ratio's and egts?? Anyhow, you can adjust without the use of the monitor but I didn't do any adjusting. I will have to in the future b/c I'd like to put the snopro intake back on the sled.

Elevation changes are not suppost to adjust my settings....but I only ride from 6k to 10500. My dealer received a box too and he'll be doing some playing with it on other mods.

It is more precise than the BD box. It is adjustable every 250 RPM's throughout the whole RPM range. I think the BD box is adjustable at 5 or 6 different settings from 3000 to 7800 on the M1000. The use of the power commander allows the user to fine tune the sled across the entire RPM range, which is very noticable in the bottom to mid range. I do know a few guys who are frustrated with the tuning of their 1000s b/c they can't get them to run clean....I really feel that this is the solution for many of the guys like me who are too chicken or impatient to tune too much and like to ride....

All post more when I get to compare with the same '09 sled with SLP mods and the BD box. Wont be til next weekend.....

If you've got some questions, give the guys at SLP a call. I'm not too sharp on all the details, I just know it works on the snow :)

later

C
Nov 9, 2005
Montana
I talked with SLP yesterday. They said the unit can be tuned in 250 RPM incriments, as stated, +/- 100% when hooked to any USB capable computer. In the field you have some tuning, +/- 5% in the three ranges, low med and high. SLP said they have preinstalled maps for 09 M-1000 ready to go and are currently working on 07/08 mapping. They indicated, very carefully, so as not to put down BD, that this new system was working very very well on their moded sleds. I was also told the unit does not attach to your injectors, but rather to the ECU unit. Additionally, it allows total stock like function of the factory ECU.

Last edited:

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
ttt

Anymore or new information here?? I am interested in how mapping is developing for the 07 & 08 M1000's. I have not called SLP, and should probably do so but, in the mean time........................anyjuan..........

Thanks.

Premium Features