• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Traction Screws to Use?

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I just bought a 155" Assault Track that I am putting on my 2010 dragon and was wondering what screws to use and what kind of pattern to use. Was also wondering what most racers use for Tunnel Protection. I was wondering if it is possible to screw just the middle lugs so they wouldn't hit your coolers? Any racer input would be appreciated.

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
There are a few brands to choose from i.e. Kold Kutter, Stud Boy, and I think Teton Performance or something similar. I would say tunnel protection is a must even if you stay away from the coolers. I have never had a sled that didn't get marked up by screws even with tunnel protectors, BUT I've never ran an Assault track either. Those lugs are a lot stiffer and probably won't 'form' around the protectors as much. Easiest thing to do if you don't have factory grooves for them to slide into (like the Doos) is take a set of hyfax and rivet them on each side of the cooler. Just don't drill through the cooler ;) No particular pattern on the screws is necessary. Just gauge the amount of screws based on the amount of traction you want.

Premium Features