• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What oil do you run in your 02 700?

J

jaysonfreerider

Jul 18, 2008
Troy, MT
Well i am gettin an 02 700 rmk and am debating on what oil to run. Polaris VES Gold or the Polaris Blue.?
what do you guys run in yours?

L

likinit2

Jul 4, 2004
S.W. Michigan
If you want real clean valves run Yamalube 2. been running it in my 800 polaris since 03. Citgo sea&snow is an almost like for like substitute with similar results if you can find it.

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
I used to use VES, I have been running Walmart oil for the last 2 years. Trying Amsoil this year, just cause I started running it in my bike and my buddy is a dealer.

Even on that $10/gallon Walmart oil I still didn't have to clean my valves through the season. Cleaned them once pre-season, thats it.

IndyDan will not warrantee any crank that has been used with VES if that tells you anything. I think the problem is corrosion protection. The bearings rust then it tears up the crank.

You know the best guy to ask advice on that sled is the guy you bought it from.

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Am I too late ?
Let the debate begin !!​

Some additive don't do a good job, or cause corrosion which amazes me for a additive to do this to an engine.

I have used MOTUL, Redline,Polaris,KLOTZ, Honda,Penzoil,Yamalube, and Stihl.

Not much difference after a 1000 miles.

G

Gold5th

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
I have an 02 700 ProX with a VES motor(or so I'm told) I to was told to use the VES gold and the blue won't cut it... should i switch? The price isn't much different $5/jug or something like that...

J

jaysonfreerider

Jul 18, 2008
Troy, MT
Run the old Polaris Blue, Indy Dan highly recommends this oil and has done extensive tests on it. Have been running it in his motors and have had great luck. I also run it in my 09 800 with no problems........

thanks alot guys! The polaris blue it is! And it will be nice becuase i can run that in 2 of my other sleds and not have to keep buying other oils for different sleds!

Premium Features