• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What happened to the "Big changes to the 800 for 2010????????" thread?

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
What happened to the "Big changes to the 800 for 2010????????" thread? Too controversial for someone and it got the whole thread yanked?

The last number of posts attacking and defending indydan were annoying but the rest of the thread had some useful info in it! Did those annoying soap-opera posts warrant destroying the whole thread?

If I am just somehow searching and managing to miss it every time, my apologies, I will delete this post. :confused:

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I cant find it either... :(

Sorry, if in any way aid'd in its demise. It was a good thread other than that. To bad the moderators couldnt delete those posts and put it back up.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
4/29 12:02AM it was still there, I was subscribed to find out as much about any upcoming fixes as I could, just to keep informed, and that was the last email notification of a thread update I got... :confused:

Last edited:

rocket

Premium Member
Jul 20, 2001
Wisconsin
It kind of headed off-track and besides, there will be no new information anytime soon. Polaris put the "60 days" timeframe out there and I don't expect anyone will know much before then. I was watching myself to see if anyone would "leak" some new info prior to the end of snowcheck, but no luck there. The Polaris guys at the shows were being very "tight-lipped" about what they were doing. Guess we'll all know by next fall......

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I rode a 2010 Dragon 155" in the White CLouds a couple of weeks ago. It was stock except it had Zero Pro shocks and Better Boards on it. It ran very well. Crisp throttle response and not a hint of a bog. I am not sure what they did to it that is different than the 08/09 sleds other than I have heard that the head compression chamber (squish) is different and it is geared lower. It ran stronger than any stock 800 I have ever been on. It had more power than an 09 with an SLP pipe that I rode a few weeks before. I hope that the "fix" makes my 08 run as good as the 2010 that I rode. We'll see unless I turbo mine this fall.

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
I rode a 2010 Dragon 155" in the White CLouds a couple of weeks ago. It was stock except it had Zero Pro shocks and Better Boards on it. It ran very well. Crisp throttle response and not a hint of a bog. I am not sure what they did to it that is different than the 08/09 sleds other than I have heard that the head compression chamber (squish) is different and it is geared lower. It ran stronger than any stock 800 I have ever been on. It had more power than an 09 with an SLP pipe that I rode a few weeks before. I hope that the "fix" makes my 08 run as good as the 2010 that I rode. We'll see unless I turbo mine this fall.

hm, that sounds promising..hope it is. Buddy is looking into new ride.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Did you get to look under the hood? Any coolant line shutoff yet off the head to the CFI throttle bodies? Bet this would cure some running issues and make throttle response better.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Our dealer told me that Polaris just released some of their "back ordered" top end parts. I hope the fix is soon and right the first time.

B

B C

Nov 26, 2007
Montucky

Same here, I took a 2010 out a couple weeks ago. I'm not saying it's the strongest 800 I've ever ridden, but it was very crisp and responsive. Not even a hint of a bog anywhere. Hope they get em figured out, I want one.

B

B C

Nov 26, 2007
Montucky
I'm working on it as we speak Rob! I'll let you know when we need to get the boards coming.:D
And yes, it's time to retire the Kitty!

R
Nov 29, 2007
Minnesota
Polaris ticked off!

I'm sure the theard was pulled by POLARIS.

They have a big PR problem with the 800. Much bigger then they realized. Now that snowcheck is finalized they are shocked at how few sleds they sold. The Rush has been a bust, sold only a few hundred of the 3000 they were scheduled to make. 800's were cold sellers too. Now they are trying to fiqure out what went wrong! Go figure?

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
If that is the case with the Rush then it is a huge disappointment. I could see it happening though. The economy sucks, the sled is unproven and not race tested, it only came with the lower HP version of the 600, and it listed for over $10,000.

Also, Polaris has had a history of releasing sleds before they were ready, i.e, the CFI 800, the FST, the 900 Fusion, the '99 Edge 440 that would break in half, the '96 Ultra, the single piped '95 XCR 600's that burned down, the '93 Storm, the '88 650 Indy Triple that couldn't be run at a certain RPM window due to vibration, the '85 400. I'm sure there is more.

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
I'm sure the theard was pulled by POLARIS.

They have a big PR problem with the 800. Much bigger then they realized. Now that snowcheck is finalized they are shocked at how few sleds they sold. The Rush has been a bust, sold only a few hundred of the 3000 they were scheduled to make. 800's were cold sellers too. Now they are trying to fiqure out what went wrong! Go figure?

they may lower the prices to entice new sales

R
Sep 9, 2001
Boise, Idaho

Be careful. I rode the same sled for the day in McCall and posted on here. I even had a picture of it. The so called experts on this site hammered on me so bad that I deleted it. It and they are not worth the trouble.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Lets not assume that the 2010 Validation/Demo sleds (prototypes) that are out on the snow right now contain the "fix" for the 08/09 sleds or are even ready, as is for all the requirements of conusumer-production releases...

I'm sure that Polaris knows the magnitude of getting these things dialed in... especially in light of a very promising M8 for 2010...

I'm expecting big things for the Dragons this year... we'll have to see when they are out.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Guys with deeper pockets than me ( those who can afford to buy 1 and a couple of spares ) can do the field testing before I commit to a Polaris 800.

Premium Features