• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wet Weights of Yami Mod Sleds

M
Jan 14, 2004
For reference, Here is a partial listing of the weights from WyomingT/A...these are all wet weights full of all fluids...

From all the sleds we've had on the race car scales those numbers look pretty accurate to me from what I've seen. and besides is there any other number worth knowing?

M5

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
From all the sleds we've had on the race car scales those numbers look pretty accurate to me from what I've seen. and besides is there any other number worth knowing?

M5

well...a "fuel empty" weight. :p

for example, poo w/ 12 gallons of fuel going to be heavier than nytro with 7...
thus making the numbers completely useless for comparison.
thats why when i compare weights, i look at fuel capacity, and calculate to a common capacity...usually 10 gallons...
when fuel alone is ~6.5 lbs / gal . . its going to make a difference.

but again, thats just for comparison sake...so the 7 gal nytro rider has to carry 5 gallons on the tunnel...but can weigh his sled w/o that and make it 'appear' to be lighter. :p

too many "weight games" being played..and I wish Yamaha didn't do it, because it just hurts their customers. Trying to find place to pack extra fuel for long / deep days...or on turbo sleds is a PITA.

but obviously companies are building "trail" sleds FIRST and mtn sleds are just an after thought.

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
'08 Nytro MTX . Impulse 2860 turbo . Prologger guage . Yuasa YTZ7S battery
162x16x2.4 . AVID drivers . Mtn Tamer rear . IceAge Rails . Barkbuster front
Floats shocks . MODS skis . Better Boards . WildChild 2 wheel kit . Rider-forward
[ Rotax's Pics Page ] [ Summer Mods Thread ]

Holy dollar signs . where is the pics

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
I was hoping my nytro the black and blue one at the top of this post, would come in under 600lbs but what can you do, only thing left is a battery and a seat but is it really worth it, she looks good anyway, still just a little full figured. let it snow...........

did both and it came in at 591 full wet weight...BTW didn't notice any difference

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
well...a "fuel empty" weight. :p

for example, poo w/ 12 gallons of fuel going to be heavier than nytro with 7...
thus making the numbers completely useless for comparison.
thats why when i compare weights, i look at fuel capacity, and calculate to a common capacity...usually 10 gallons...
when fuel alone is ~6.5 lbs / gal . . its going to make a difference.

but again, thats just for comparison sake...so the 7 gal nytro rider has to carry 5 gallons on the tunnel...but can weigh his sled w/o that and make it 'appear' to be lighter. :p

too many "weight games" being played..and I wish Yamaha didn't do it, because it just hurts their customers. Trying to find place to pack extra fuel for long / deep days...or on turbo sleds is a PITA.

but obviously companies are building "trail" sleds FIRST and mtn sleds are just an after thought.

So you can stand beside yours empty and claim your weight. I would just as soon ride mine full of all fluids and have fun....02

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
I think most are or were aware that the Apex holds more fuel than the Nytro so therefore it would weigh more. I was just trying to show what the typical mod turbo Yami would weigh so people would have some Idea of true wet weight.

xpx5

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
south dakota
I had a push turbo nytro you could ride all day or the same as a new 2 stroke on the stock tank .. No extra fuel

beeze455

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
Usually just lurk on this forum until it says I did not pay. My tank was full all they way up the neck so I even let that last bits of the fuel burp like we all do when we fill it at the pumps. She is full full and my wet weight is below and I do not have a ton of cash, but do have a ton of time. Build thread is on another forum. 553 Wet.

555430_3779377702520_1318033602_n.jpg

T

TApeX_07

My sled: Impulse standard kit, 162x15x2.5 CE, Timbersled/IceAge/Exits, YTZ7s, WestCoast Front, full of fuel oil and coolant. #647.1 I have changed a few things on the sled this year. Ill reweigh it later this year.

IMAG0313.jpg

IMAG0312.jpg

Just as a compareO: my 09 Nytro RTX with a 1.5" track and studs, trail bags empty, trailer hitch, fullof fuel oil and coolant #609.8
Both weights have the straps Tare'd..

IMAG0316.jpg

IMAG0315.jpg

xpx5

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
south dakota
You guys are letting the *****polaris riders get to you on the weight thing...just ride it have fun !

Polaris riders remind me of a girl I dated in high school if she gained 3 pounds she would cry !,

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
This is with 3.5 quarts of oil, nearly a gallon of antifreeze, and one gallon of gas.

Subtract almost exactly 20 lbs for fluids, and 6 lbs for three ratchet straps and I'll add a pound to be safe. 449 lbs dry weight. I weighed it four times with the straps in different positions just be sure.

IMG_5306_zps19ca9278.jpg

IMG_5305_zpsb1ec7665.jpg

Premium Features