• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

West Yellowstone Update

D
Mar 6, 2003
MN
Anyone in west that can provide an update on conditions? It sounds like it has been some time since any new snow and the forecast Has me a little nervous for our upcoming trip with nothing on the horizon.

Thank you

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Got to get OFF THE BEATEN PATH if you want to find any UNtracked snow to play in.
So long as you are willing to do that, there is PLENTY OF SNOW to play in all over the mountains.

But NO FRESH at all.
And none likely to come in any quantity in the next 10 days.

Check the island Park thread.

R
Aug 1, 2010
MN
Anyone in west that can provide an update on conditions? It sounds like it has been some time since any new snow and the forecast Has me a little nervous for our upcoming trip with nothing on the horizon.

Thank you
Wondering the same, heading out there next week and the forecast and conditions are not looking very good. Anyone have any recent updates

S

sledheadmt

Sep 15, 2009
Any updates on snow conditions? Looking at heading to west for March 4th/5th. Looks like there's snow predicted for the 2nd and 3rd... Snotel looks like they've been getting some there but not a bunch.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
rode west yellowstone last weekend and could see my tracks from over a month ago. they had gotten 3 to 5 inches of powder on top of Hard snow. we found good snow in the steep tight trees which was good but it wasn't a large area and they really need a foot or more new stuff.

Premium Features