• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Want to put a Powerclaw on my KK

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
Looking to put a powerclaw track on my 162 2005 king cat. Are there different lug sizes or pitch that will not work. What is the best version of this track. I thought i was talking to a guy on a M series that had the PC track and he made a comment that the one he had was crap but his buddy had the better version on his sled. Don't know if it was bigger lugs or different pitch.

Next......Who has one for sale at a decent price?

Thanks

K

kingkat1150

Jan 27, 2010
belgrade mt
KK track

I would do a 2.5 CE 162x15 if it were me. That's all I ran on my Kingcats from a stock 900 to a bad azz 1150 and just loved them. The powder claw 2.6 is a great track but still has it's downfalls like downhill breaking. I ran both old and new style 2.5 CE's with great success.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Yeah I think living in washington where your snow isnt super dry the CE is the way to go. Now, if you lived in utah the PC is the ONLY option.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
To answer the original question, your King Cat has 3" pitch drivers stock, and as far as I know, all powerclaw tracks are 3" pitch. Either of the two lug sizes (2.25 or 2.6") should fit fine.

I would also agree that the Camo Extreme 2.5" is a very good track. We do have a 2.25" powerclaw on one of our 975 King Cats, and it does very well. We haven't yet gotten a really good comparison between two very similar sleds with the track being the only difference, but I don't think you'd be upset with either option.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Contact Michelle her name is FreeAgent on snowest, I just talked to her and I can assure you she has the best prices around on NEW tracks. I just went with a CE 2.5 but the PC 2.6 is also a good track just not as great breaking power and is more so a powder specific track depending on how you look at it. I would reccome d the CE for an overall track. Also check the swap meet section someone probly has a used track there.

01ZRTCAT

Mar 12, 2010
X2 for the CE, Great track that last a long time!

I put a PC on my buddies M Cat, unknowingly we ordered 3.0 anti ratchet drivers, and had a small problem. There is a extra drive lug on the outside of the track, its about 3/8" tall and it was hitting the drivers and pushing the track up into the tunnel. Easy fix, I cut them off with my hot knife!

The 05/06 King Cat driver is the correct one for the PC track, all though cutting the the little drive lug off works too!

Premium Features