• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled 2024 Snow Check

P
May 26, 2020
Any insight as to the 2024 offerings from Timbersled? I'm trying to decide between holding out for the snow check reveal or pick up a '23 backout Aro or Riot...

J

JimBridger

Mar 11, 2013
SE Idaho
I'm not buying in protest until they make a purpose built snowbike as another offering. The prices for a new bolt on kit being more than a new midsized sled is stupid and I hate it. ?

E
Dec 19, 2007
I'm not excited at all about new kits either. The junk I can build in my garage with scrap and ace hardware can make the best bike with the best kit look pretty silly. It's time for a change from the industry.

J

JimBridger

Mar 11, 2013
SE Idaho
I like how you think Jim!

I'm now protesting too. I'm not buying a sled until they make one I can convert to ride in the dirt in the summer!!! :ROFLMAO:
I actually make a wheel kit. Low price of $11k. Of course you'll need to change your frame, motor and tunnel. Those parts are sold separately for $8k, but not necessarily needed. Your going to have to figure out for yourself how to keep temps down and dirt out of your airbox. Usually these mods can be done by a backyard mechanic for a little under $1k

E
Dec 19, 2007
I actually make a wheel kit. Low price of $11k. Of course you'll need to change your frame, motor and tunnel. Those parts are sold separately for $8k, but not necessarily needed. Your going to have to figure out for yourself how to keep temps down and dirt out of your airbox. Usually these mods can be done by a backyard mechanic for a little under $1k
You know this analogy really isn't funny because it's so true in our case, but we don't have a better option.

A
Jan 18, 2018
That sounds great! Just like this other hobby I have...

On a serious note: I would buy a purpose built snowbike. I don't convert my bike to dirt in the summer, it is a snowbike full time.

But I seem to enjoy playing devils advocate, the direct price comparison of sleds to snowbikes is flawed. Yes, snowbikes are more expensive. But I have the option to upgrade either the powerplant or the drive train each year, I don't have to do both. Also when I go to sell them, both the kit and the motorcycle will hold resale value over a used snowmobile (at least judging by what the three sell for in my local market).

But again, if any manufacturers are reading this... I would totally buy a purpose-built snowbike.

Oh, and apparently no one has any idea what timbersled is releasing this year, cause this thread is way off the rails.

J

JimBridger

Mar 11, 2013
SE Idaho
That sounds great! Just like this other hobby I have...

On a serious note: I would buy a purpose built snowbike. I don't convert my bike to dirt in the summer, it is a snowbike full time.

But I seem to enjoy playing devils advocate, the direct price comparison of sleds to snowbikes is flawed. Yes, snowbikes are more expensive. But I have the option to upgrade either the powerplant or the drive train each year, I don't have to do both. Also when I go to sell them, both the kit and the motorcycle will hold resale value over a used snowmobile (at least judging by what the three sell for in my local market).

But again, if any manufacturers are reading this... I would totally buy a purpose-built snowbike.

Oh, and apparently no one has any idea what timbersled is releasing this year, cause this thread is way off the rails.
Yeah, the prices they are asking are so ridiculous for what you get. That's my biggest pet peeve. I'm happy to drop coin on a purpose built snowbike, but at this point my buddies waterjet and cnc can keep my kit running with any upgrades that are released, basically indefinitely, so until an actual "gamechanger" comes along, I'm done supporting the semi-stagnation of the industry.

Still excited to see what everyone else will drop their hard earned inflation riddled coin on when the 24's come out. Haha.

P
May 26, 2020
I’m tempted to delete this thread. It’s been so severely high jacked.

Not everyone has a cnc machine and engineering skills at their disposal. And, at some point, kits were purchased to get started.

I’ve out grown the MotoTrax kit I’ve been using. My choices are buy new or buy used. I was just wondering if anyone had any insight into the 2024 offerings. It is that time of year…

Do I think new kits are worth the nearly $10k manufacturers are asking? Hell no. But once prices start to rise on goods, they don’t typically come down. It is what it is. If I wanted to protest I’d just go snowshoeing.

Z
Jan 17, 2023
ANC
I’m tempted to delete this thread. It’s been so severely high jacked.

Not everyone has a cnc machine and engineering skills at their disposal. And, at some point, kits were purchased to get started.

I’ve out grown the MotoTrax kit I’ve been using. My choices are buy new or buy used. I was just wondering if anyone had any insight into the 2024 offerings. It is that time of year…

Do I think new kits are worth the nearly $10k manufacturers are asking? Hell no. But once prices start to rise on goods, they don’t typically come down. It is what it is. If I wanted to protest I’d just go snowshoeing.
I'm waiting to see if they did anything worth the price increase of a 24. If not I'll pick up one of the many 23s sitting on dealer floors for less than msrp.

Premium Features