• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

THANKS D&D for the 245hp 1000cc FIRECAT

B
Sep 30, 2008
WOW...!!!! I was really impressed today with Scott Moser of D&D racing. He took a sled that wouldn't run right and on the first try he dialed in the clutching, shimming, gearing and boondocker settings. Truly a humbling experience to watch the pro's go to work on a sled. The boys @ D&D really know their shat.

I'm really liking the new D&D adjustable Big Dogs weights, sled pulls like an absolute freight train now.

J
Dec 24, 2007
thats what my friend needs for his 950 union bay, runs good at loww elev, but when we get to the mountains it cant pull itself up the smallest grade on hard pack. we did everything the union bay guys said to do with clutching and carbs

MR MOOSE

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2008
Gods country B.C. !
I've gotta ask, what mods do you have to get 245 HP out of a 1000? Not hacking on what youre saying just REALLY interested in getting that outa mine.

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
245h.p. out of a 1000cc humm.... very interesting.. :eek:.. I think joel (chubby) had a pic of the dyno sheet.. but i cant find it.. i will keep looking..

B
Sep 30, 2008
It's a D&D prototype sled and I think it's really cool. They took a 1000cc stock arctic cat motor and put it in a firecat chassis. Then with their recipe of porting, head configuration, timing, case porting and prototype big power pipes it dynoed at 245 hp. There is more hp to be had if we want to put it right on the racing edge. The sled is being set-up for 500', 660' and 1000' foot runs. I hope this helps. Give D&D a call about it, they are getting alot of requests from people to build them so big power hill climb motors...!!!!!

B
Sep 30, 2008
Yes it does run on race gas. The type of racing we do a turbo puts you in the power adder class which is where there is no limit on cc size and some of those Big Bore turbo or nitrous sleds are really expensive. A 1500cc two stroke on nitrous is hard to beat in a short distance.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Thats kinda what I figured, Prob pretty close to the same price as a pump gas turbo, but the turbo will maintain power at elevation. Pretty sweet though.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
yeah I got that, thats why I threw in the pretty sweet part. Just wish I could get it out of mine, but it sounds like for the money a turbo would be better for what I do.

Premium Features