• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stock polaris track vs power claw vs Challenger extreme????????

P
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
I have a 2010 dragon in the garage all torn down and I need some opinions on this track decision I dont like the polaris track I think it trenches Im torn between the challenger and the pwr claw does anyone know the weight difference between the new challenger and the pwr claw. whats some opinions on both tracks if there is some good comparisons out there. thanks

W
Aug 20, 2008
utah
i dont think the problem with the polaris track is trenching its to soft for marginal snow the others are not going to be to much better in good snow.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i switched mine out to a powerclaw, almost 8lbs lighter than the polaris 155 and over 10lbs lighter than the camo extreme. i went with the 90 durometer 153" track and cant wait for some real snow! did a little track testing last year power claw in my opinion worked better than any of the others... as far as trenching goes the power claw will help a little over the stock polaris track but its mainly in suspension set up, the stock polaris skid likes to over transfer and trench

Kale

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I put the 155 camo extreme on my 07 700 Dragon RMK and love it. Clearance is a little tighter and the wind drag of the track through the tunnel is greater, but the way it performs when climbing in all conditions is worth the above mentioned concerns. What sold me on the camo extreme was: it's a direct track swap, no other modifications and costs.

Hope this helps,

Kale

Premium Features