• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

starting problem please help 07 rmk polaris

A
Apr 13, 2009
hope you guy can help, I have a 2007 polaris 700 rmk. had a little roll over with it and now it will not start, I do not have spark, I have bypassed the cdi to get the sytem to power up, I put new plugs in, I heard the coils do not go bad often let alone both at the same time, I also do not think the kill switch is the problem. I am now out of ideas of what to check. I'm thinking maybe ecu or could the stator be bad. any ideas would be helpful. thanks

A
Aug 3, 2008
North Idaho
"had a little roll over with it and now it will not start"

Just how bad was this? I gotta think something hit something causing something to not make contact with something and thus the thing not making contact with that something is your problem. :D Seriously, give us some details. Coils don't just fail from a rollover. Flooded?

A
Apr 13, 2009
the main damage was to the trailing arms, and some slight damage to the control arms. I don't think the problem is with it flooding, I have pulled the plugs and grounded them to the block and I do not get any spark. Is their a tip sensor that may need to be reset?

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
the main damage was to the trailing arms, and some slight damage to the control arms. I don't think the problem is with it flooding, I have pulled the plugs and grounded them to the block and I do not get any spark. Is their a tip sensor that may need to be reset?

Lol, if there was a tip sensor, I'd be resetting it a half a dozen times a day!

Is the key on and the kill switch up? Is the throttle flipper in it's proper place?

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
not sure this will work for you..but try it...turn key off ,kill switch in off position, pull sled over 5-6 times like your starting it..then turn key on and kill switch to run position and see if it fires right up..sometimes they will loose the capacitor charge and wont start...turning key off allows the stator to recharge it when you pull it over.....

S
Nov 30, 2007

My 07 doesn't seem to have trailing arms or control arms.;)

Are you sure on the year of the sled? I would make sure all wires from the handlebar controls have good tight connections first. Sounds like a bad connection or a broken kill switch. Maybe someone can post up a wiring diagram for ya.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
no trailing arms on an 07.

check all electrical connectors and make sure they are snug.
my guess would be kill switch or on switch.
Try bypassing the kill switch then try bypassing the key switch.

A
Aug 3, 2008
North Idaho

Tip sensor? OK, No there is not a tip sensor. :light: Trailing Arms? No there is not trailing arms on an 07. That was funny though! :D

Premium Features