• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sno pro having electrical/fuel problems

M
Feb 22, 2008
I know that mostly all of you guys are mountain riders, but i know cat riders would have some helpful advice. I am having some electrical or possibly fuel problems with my 2004 sno pro 440. it is still in race trim.

A couple weeks back, i ran the sled all day...towards the end, the sled would die...i was able to start it right up and run it another couple hundred yards and it would die again, stated it up ran ran it some more and it died again. it was somthing electrical.

i did some research and thought it might be a bad exhaust temp sensor...checked with a meter and it was bad. i ordered a new one, installed it and test rode the sled. it ran great.

the next time I go to run the sled, it acts as if it is loading up and wont clear out. motor internals are fine..compression is at 160. Ive checked ALL of the electrical connections with a fluke meter everything seemed fine---I did all tests correctly following the race/shop manual, changed plugs, ran fuel system dry and put in new fuel, trimmed back the plug wires and reinstalled the original caps, put in a new exhaust temp sensor, put in a new-used stator and cleaned flywheel & pickup coil, cleaned the carbs thoroughly, checked reeds-looked ok, no crank seal leaks, current at the timing box read ok, checked the tether and just unplugged it to rule it out, checked hot start and its functioning correctly, jets are correct size for the current temp, i also watched the fuel lines running out from the pump and into each carb--both lines seemed to have an equal flow of fuel...possibly ruling out the fuel pump being bad.

The sled is a 2004 sno pro 440 in race trim.

Any one have any ideas? Thanks for your help!:)

M
Feb 22, 2008
well ive put in a new pipe temp sensor, tried a different cdi, timing box, coil, and power valve motor. alos went through the carbs again and rechecked the reeds. no luck! any help would be much appreciatted. thanx.

M
Feb 22, 2008
the only time it would die was the first time i ever noticed a problem a few weeks back. it would just cut out and then i would be able to fire it right back up. and run it and then the same thing. since then that problem stopped when i put in the new pipe sensor....but was only able to run it for around 30 mins so that problem could have developed inot this. now it just wont build any power...it probably doesnt move any faster than 15 mph. the only thing that im leaning toward now is that the used stator i bought could have also been bad. while the engine is running, it almost seems as if it isnt constantly getting a hot enough spark. the power valves also seem to be functioning correctly.

Premium Features