• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Should I buy this sled??

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Last edited:

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Just so you know.... 6,000 miles is high miles for a snowmobile. everything wears out on them fast. If the engine and crankshaft havent been rebuilt by now, they need done asap. Same goes for the clutches, bearings, shafts, bushings.... they all have short lifes. Best thing to do is take someone that knows a lot about sleds and go look at it. Eric

M
Dec 12, 2016
thanks guys, I was told that it ran through their service department and it checked out good. Not sure if I trust their opinion of "good" or not. I will ask those questions and see where it goes!

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
thanks guys, I was told that it ran through their service department and it checked out good. Not sure if I trust their opinion of "good" or not. I will ask those questions and see where it goes!

Yeah, I wouldn't be taking their word for good. I bought a used sled the dealer had just checked over and said was in good condition. It sure wasn't close to my opinion of good and needed a lot of work. Ask if they're willing to give some sort of warranty to back it up. If not I think I would continue looking. Crankshafts were an issue on the 800 engines in that timeframe but there isn't much you can do to check them other than to check the runout at the pto end.

Premium Features