• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Servo Issue

B
Jan 1, 2009
Stevens Pass
Whats up guys, trying to get my sled running properly and having trouble. Basically reved the sled up to 6000 rpms today and half the time the servo opens valves and sometimes it doesnt and bogs right at 6000 rpms. Does anyone know if these Servos fail often?

Any advice, or info would be awesome.

Sled 04 900 mtn cat EFI

Looking for a servo and front bumper if anyone has either let me know.

Thanks

C
Nov 2, 2012
Servo is easy to set up

I am sure you know how these work and I dont mean to offend you in any way. If set up right, the servo will open the valves. It has to because it is pulling on cables that are attached to the valve. I think you need to take apart the power valves and clean them out. This is normal and they get gunky and full of deposits. Very easy job ( 15 minutes each) Your manual or on-line can tell you the actual length to set the cable up with the adjusting nuts.

I think you mean sometimes the servo turns and sometimes it doesn't. There might be a voltage issue or short from a wire going to it. When you start your sled, the servo should cycle once demonstrating that it works. Its just a slow turn. I would hate to see you have to spend the money on a new one but it really surprises me they dont go out more often.

Last edited:
B
Jan 1, 2009
Stevens Pass
fixed

turns out that the coolant bottle was warped and wasn't building pressure. Bog eliminated a few months ago. I think the snow flap missing was contributing to overheating as well.

Premium Features