• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Secondary ideas for 2006 700 RMK?

V

Vertical

Mar 10, 2008
Hey guys just curious what's working for you on a 2006 700 RMK? Is there a helix change that i could benefit from? I'm going to gear it down to 19/42 so that shud help as well as some clutching. I have added delrins in the secondary already.

S

snoboy

Dec 4, 2007
Maple Valley Wa
I know this isn't an answer but it's some conversation regarding same question (I also own one). My dealer loaned me a used helix to try which was a takeoff from another dealer's setup so the numbers have been scratched off, we do however know that the finish angle is 40 degrees so I'm going to give it a try but unfortunately have not installed it yet. I really think a simple helix change will make a big difference. The factory helix ... 64-36.25 is so damned lazy on shift out that you never really make the engine work. I think a 40 degree finish angle helix will do wonders for this high torque engine.

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
my wife has the 06 700..havent messed with the clutching/gearing at all yet..

i WILL be using
19/42 gears w/ATF
secondary will be a TEAM 66/42.46ER helix
try it with the factory Black/Red spring and adjust from there
2 Derlin Washers

that should be a GREAT setup..the helix above is the best you will get with that power combo..just need to work the spring rates to your liking..

let me know if you need anything else for that 700..been logging a bunch of info and learning what they need..

V

Vertical

Mar 10, 2008
No it will allow the sled to build more track speed. Most of the time sleds are geared to high from the factory.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
I ended up with one out of an 07 switchback 136 and it preformed great

Premium Features