• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running a 151" Track on a 600 Switchback?

A
Mar 30, 2009
Just curious if you guys think running a 151" x 2" track on an 06 Switchback is too much track? I know I will need rail extensions but they dont cost all that much and I will be replacing the hifax anyway so I can just go with a longer hifax when i replace the track. What do you guys think?

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
go for it...they made the shift which was a 600 with a 155.....the 151 is no problem...you will just like the sled even more

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I would gear it down a little as well since the switchbacks tend to be geared higher than the rmks to begin with. If you ride alot of off trail, I think you will be happy with your new setup.

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Snohomish-Plain, Washington
Great Sled, but...

We put a new, pull-off, track and rails from an 06’ RMK 151" x 2.4" geared it down, clutched it, SLP pipe&can, and V-Force reeds. It rips, very snappy!

Caution, you may need to change fuel pump, an /or reroute the fuel lines. Found that the stock set-up would not deliver enough fuel below about 1/2 tank head pressure.

Very capable sled! Have the wider front end for the trails and the track for the powder or carving in the trees!

But...
If you can sell the sled and get an RMK already with the longer track for relatively the same price difference I think you'd be ahead. especially when it comes time to resell?

I'll find out after next season, I'm going to sell the 06' switchback and 07' Switch-MK for a down payment on the "next" new and improved 2011 800 Dragon RMK 155 (blue) for my wife (and me!)

deboer

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2009
Archer, IA (Northwest IA)
For the gearing I would say go one tooth more on the bottom sprocket then the STOCK RMKs. Also just make sure that your track will clear the hole tunnel.

Premium Features