• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMK 800 vs ski doo REV 800

Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum and looking at buying a sled. Can't decide between an RMK 800 or a Ski Doo REV 800 (02-06-ish). I have one buddy that rides nothing but RMKs and swears by em while his brother broke the family mold and bought an REV 800. The Doo seems to be more agile and nimble because it sits higher than the RMK's which is a quality I am leaning towards. Anybody have any advice for a noob like me as to which would be the better purchase and why?

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
I have had both, I felt that the REV was much more rider forward then the IQ. I thought the REV was a good handling sled, but after riding the IQ I like it better. Maybe just personal preference. The biggest improvement I noticed was the IQ in downhill turn arounds and sidehilling. It is a piece of cake with the IQ. A little more struggle on the Rev. On the IQ when coming down a hill,get on one side of the boards toward your turn, pin it, countersteer and back up hill you go. I remember when I first started sledding that was so hard for me, the IQ made it so easy. (And I run a 900!) The newer dragons and assaults that I rode were easier!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I've had both.....both are good sleds. Tough call......I would look hard at both and go with the lowest mileage/cleanest sled you can find for the $$ you are willing to spend.
The Poo has had some issues with crank life and exhaust valve breakage.
The Doo has issues with piston ring flaking and reed boot delamination.
The chronic issues with the Doo are easier to remedy IF they become a problem.
The Doo is more nimble and durable, easier to fix IF you whack something up front.
Power and performance will be very similar with similar track lengths.
Oh, this is comparing Rev chassis to Edge chassis of same era.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
i'd go with the rmk. They are probably easiest to come by and cheapest. Infact i just bought a 09 600 155 rmk and it only had 400miles for $4800

Premium Features