• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ready to burn my 05 900 fusion

F
Nov 14, 2008
before you take off the recoil housing there is a hole with a small pointer at the top. rotate the crank till you see the timing markes through the hole and line up on 0 which i think is mag piston at TDC=Top Dead Center

this lines up the magnets so the flywheel will come off. took me a while to get mine off till i found this out by trial and error.

Wow thats a handy piece of info, wish I had of known that.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
i took the recoil off already

well then just rotate the flywheel till you see the timing marks on top. that will get you close. you can then pull your plugs look in and watch the pistons one will be at top dead center and one will be at bottom dead center.

P
Feb 22, 2009
got it off.....wasnt too hard once i got into it....just a question, the outside of the flywheel has some rust on it...is this normal?

P
Feb 22, 2009
ok cool thanks stator is sent away will get it back soon....is there anything i should do the the flywheel any cleaning the inside or outr while i have it out....and whne i get it back as far as the timing goes anything i have to watch for when i put it back in

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
ok cool thanks stator is sent away will get it back soon....is there anything i should do the the flywheel any cleaning the inside or outr while i have it out....and whne i get it back as far as the timing goes anything i have to watch for when i put it back in

Check the flywheel very close for the magnets retention. Our group have had 2 of the flywheels' magnets come off from the glue letting go. According to the dealer we purchased from,(??) the flywheels have been superceded with a change to the bonding agent used to glue the magnets to the flywheel. But nobody else can confirm this.

Also, it would be a good idea to tape or cover the access hole as the overflow hose from the coolant bottle can allow coolant to enter this hole. Antifreeze will disrupt the glue that retains the magnets to the flywheel and they'll peel away and take out the stator.

P
Feb 22, 2009
will check them for sure....then inner ring seems good altead when i touch it cant see anything abnormal....as for the magnets...i will just touch each one of them give a little tug to make sure nothing moves

ya thats a good idea about the hole, i notced the outside of the flywehel is abit rusty...must be where the moisture is getting in....

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
There's also a very large oblong casting hole on the front side of the motor where junk can get into the stator area cavilty as well.

R
Feb 24, 2009
Lab City

I have a service manual for you sled just pm your email and I will send it.
I sounds to me you have a broken wire/connector or when an electrical device heats up it fails

Steve

Hey there, I'm in Lab City and was wondering if I could get a copy of your manual? Msg me and let me know. Thanks

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
Check the flywheel very close for the magnets retention. Our group have had 2 of the flywheels' magnets come off from the glue letting go. According to the dealer we purchased from,(??) the flywheels have been superceded with a change to the bonding agent used to glue the magnets to the flywheel. But nobody else can confirm this.

Also, it would be a good idea to tape or cover the access hole as the overflow hose from the coolant bottle can allow coolant to enter this hole. Antifreeze will disrupt the glue that retains the magnets to the flywheel and they'll peel away and take out the stator.

The new flywheel has a new inner lining ring that is crimped into place instead of glue. Installed one last week and it looks much better.
Paramuir: try to slide the lining ring up and out of the flywheel by pulling up evenly on both sides. If it moves you have trouble waiting. Either reglue or replace before it contacts the wiring.

P
Feb 22, 2009
The new flywheel has a new inner lining ring that is crimped into place instead of glue. Installed one last week and it looks much better.
Paramuir: try to slide the lining ring up and out of the flywheel by pulling up evenly on both sides. If it moves you have trouble waiting. Either reglue or replace before it contacts the wiring.

just as i was putting my stator back in found that the inner ring was loose....got some JB weld good to 300f and put it back in...thanks for the heads up everyone!

Premium Features