• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

proclimb skid in a 1M sled

F
Aug 17, 2010
K-Town, BC
Can this be done?

I was told the proclimb skid was the same as the m series so I assumed it would work fine. I had it installed last season I rode it a few times without issue then the rear suspension started to sag. Then half an hour later it was fine again. A bit later on it was flat again and yes again even later it was fine.

It got to the point where I went to ride it last week and it was fully flat and bottomed out. So I rode it up onto the trailer to take it to the shop and it was now fully extended/pumped up.

Wth is going on with it how can it be flat then fully pumped up five mins later?
some guys have said its not built for the 1M and the shocks would need a revalve? Others have said it won't work at all but the proclimb and M series skids look identical.

Is anyone else running a 2012 or 2013 proclimb skid in their 1M?

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
It sounds to me more like an issue with the rear shock. Maybe lost some of the charge or somehow got moisture in it.

F
Aug 17, 2010
K-Town, BC
So I found this thread in the M series section

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314023

Basically they are saying that to put a Proclimb skid in an M Series sled you need to move BOTH skid mounting points forwards 2.5"!! :(

So would that mean I would also need to move the mounting points 2.5" forward as well?

I had it installed the same as an M Series Skid so it has already had the rear mounting point moved.

I am hoping this can fix my sagging issues. I had some videos but they are .3GP files and I cannot upload them. 8(

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
YES

Basically they are saying that to put a Proclimb skid in an M Series sled you need to move BOTH skid mounting points forwards 2.5"!! :(

So would that mean I would also need to move the mounting points 2.5" forward as well?

I had it installed the same as an M Series Skid so it has already had the rear mounting point moved.

I am hoping this can fix my sagging issues. I had some videos but they are .3GP files and I cannot upload them. 8(

There is a post in the M series section showing what has to be done to mount the PC skid in the M chassis,, I would guess that you would have to do the same with the 1M chassis.. It sounds pretty straight forward. From the pics that are posted both front and rear mounting brackets have to be moved forward.. measure twice drill once....

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
YES

There is a post in the M series section showing what has to be done to mount the PC skid in the M chassis,, I would guess that you would have to do the same with the 1M chassis.. It sounds pretty straight forward. From the pics that are posted both front and rear mounting brackets have to be moved forward.. measure twice drill once....

Ya,, just looked at the thread that's the one for the M swap you are on the right path...

F
Aug 17, 2010
K-Town, BC
If both mounting points are moved forward 2.5" what happens to the additional 2.5" of track slack that is created?

I just got a smoking deal on a mates 09 M1K so I think I'm just gonna upgrade to that. Love the 1M but every time I take it out it needs a some tiny little little repair of something and I am sick of fixing er. :(

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
heigth

If both mounting points are moved forward 2.5" what happens to the additional 2.5" of track slack that is created?

I just got a smoking deal on a mates 09 M1K so I think I'm just gonna upgrade to that. Love the 1M but every time I take it out it needs a some tiny little little repair of something and I am sick of fixing er. :(

I believe the M skid is taller? than the 1M that is why there is no tsl on the rear scissor..
I bought a 08 1M and have only had it out once, never got to the deep, guy I rode with broke a piston had to tow him back.. BUT the little bit I did ride WOW it has the SLP pipe set on it and will need a track upgrade for more traction .. I need to adjust the front skid arm down to the lower holes that you can see inside of the tunnel,, it is suppose to help to lighten the front some.. I bought it with 294 mi. on it...

F
Aug 17, 2010
K-Town, BC
If anyone was wondering I couldnt get this to work. The shop I take my sled to researched it and believe they mounted it correctly (looks like its 3-3 1/2" forward of the existing mounts - see images).

The suspension would do a wierd sag where it would go completely flat and then 2 mins later be pumped up and stiff again. Worked great when it was stiff but when it was flat it would bottom out. Didnt want to wreck the track/tunnel/skid so I had it removed and replaced with the 03 read skid.

Had the shocks tested and they test out fine.

Barely put 100 kms on the skid. So if anyone wants to buy an almost new 2012 skid, pm me! 8)

2012 skid front mount.jpg 2012 skid rear mount.jpg

01ZRTCAT

Mar 12, 2010
Not sure what skid is in the pic?
But it looks like the rear shock pivot has flipped forward, If it is....you'll chew up your track....ask me how I know

Premium Features