• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro versus Axys Video

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I've been riding some pretty decent snow since Christmas and have raced and compared my '14 Pro against several Axys with all different track configurations. I wish I had my Go-Pro on all rides but this one short video pretty much sums up what I've been seeing day in day out. I'm not sure the 3"ers are the way to go as they are geared so low they have become a 1 dimensional snowmobile. If you're not in 3' of bottomless snow you may have the slowest sled on the mountain on any other given day. The 2.6"ers are a different story, they run almost as good on most days as a '14 155, but can't quite seem to hang in there. I'm about 250 lbs. geared up, not a cracker azz. Most have been grumbling of wandering RPM's in big pulls making the sled kind of drop the ball. I love the throttle response of the new motor but after the initial squeeze I have yet to see one stomp an old Pro. This short video pretty much sums up what we've been seeing for the last month whether it's been stiff snow or 2' of fresh powder. In extremely long steep pulls they have been getting left behind pretty badly. What have others been seeing in side by side pulls, are they a little overhyped or does the factory clutching just need a little work. Having outperformed several in all conditions I'm not sure where to spend my money if I'd choose to update.
https://vimeo.com/152782181

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I've been riding some pretty decent snow since Christmas and have raced and compared my '14 Pro against several Axys with all different track configurations. I wish I had my Go-Pro on all rides but this one short video pretty much sums up what I've been seeing day in day out. I'm not sure the 3"ers are the way to go as they are geared so low they have become a 1 dimensional snowmobile. If you're not in 3' of bottomless snow you may have the slowest sled on the mountain on any other given day. The 2.6"ers are a different story, they run almost as good on most days as a '14 155, but can't quite seem to hang in there. I'm about 250 lbs. geared up, not a cracker azz. Most have been grumbling of wandering RPM's in big pulls making the sled kind of drop the ball. I love the throttle response of the new motor but after the initial squeeze I have yet to see one stomp an old Pro. This short video pretty much sums up what we've been seeing for the last month whether it's been stiff snow or 2' of fresh powder. In extremely long steep pulls they have been getting left behind pretty badly. What have others been seeing in side by side pulls, are they a little overhyped or does the factory clutching just need a little work. Having outperformed several in all conditions I'm not sure where to spend my money if I'd choose to update.
https://vimeo.com/152782181
is your Pro stock? what year

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Interesting. My axys waaaaaay better than my pro. Noticed it first 10 min

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Premium Features