• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Preston Hillclimb 120 Race

P
Feb 17, 2009
We are gonna have a 120 race at Preston. We are thinking that the entry will be $20-$25 but not sure yet. Have to feel everyone out on that. There will be trophies for all the kids. They will race in the feild right there in front of the crowd. I think it'll be great. I'm pushing to start having them at all races. My sons got the fever for it and I want him to race so it's very important to keep this going and make Preston a great starting point.
Thanks

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
Thx Dolan. Was hoping to get the kids a 120 this year, but just couldn't work it out. I hope this goes well so we can continue into next year and start building our younger ones into the sport. See you next week. I'll try to help out on anything I can.

kamaskid

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2002
Kamas, Utah
Thats good to here the 120's finally hitting the hill. Do they need to be stock? does he need to have ski brakes with him:face-icon-small-hap

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
We are gonna have a 120 race at Preston. We are thinking that the entry will be $20-$25 but not sure yet. Have to feel everyone out on that. There will be trophies for all the kids. They will race in the feild right there in front of the crowd. I think it'll be great. I'm pushing to start having them at all races. My sons got the fever for it and I want him to race so it's very important to keep this going and make Preston a great starting point.
Thanks

I would be willing to pay. $25 is close to what I pay now for my son to race and that includes 2 heat races and a final. All the racers usually got a plaque/trophy and the top 3 in the final got bigger plaques plus maybe a gift cert or something. The kids are so fun to watch. They need a lot of track help to get the tethers plugged back in and the machine started back up.

Not sure if you were planning on making tech guidelines...only thing we can change on the stock 120 is gearing and clutch and the clutch has to be of the same design as stock....no pipes, no head work.... We raced a race last yr and there were 2 sleds that the kids were honestly 2.5 times the size of my boy and their sleds were still way way way faster. No question there was something up.

Are you going to try and build a track? Jumps and turns??

I hope this goes through!!! Every lap these kids take will only help them on the mtn when their older!!

P
Feb 17, 2009
At the Preston race. The course crosses a feild before you head up hill. The field part of the race has a bunch of corners and gets bumpy. So we are thinking about maybe having the kids race down the pro course and then cross over and come backwards on the semi pro course back to the pit. This would make a good looped course for parents to be around to help.
We might also build there own course. Alot depends on snow conditions and time and turnout.
There will be extra sleds there that people have offered to let others ride. The kids will run a course one at a time and be timed. Same as the pros. Thinking that if they get to run on the race course, maybe they will feel lime they are racing like the dads and the pros.
Not sure on specifics yet. We just want something for the kids so they can just have fun. My son raced last year when he was 2 and got a trophy and it just made his year. He's jacked and can't wait to do it again.
Should be fun
Thanks

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
Sounds fun!! I registered my son for the MWR races in Coeur d'elane, ID for this wknd but I was told there are not many little guys in it So I think I am pulling the plug. The 11or12 hour drive one way to race only a couple kids is just hard to justify. My son will be heart broken but as long as I can find a few more races this season maybe he will forgive me.:)

I'll spread the word to the people I know.

Maybe you could contact a couple vendors like Western Power Sports and see if they will donate a gift cert or 2 for the little guys. I blv thats usually who the gift certs where from.

My son started riding his 120 when he was 2(you can tell my the looks of his sled) but I don't think I could have evered had him run a course at that age:) For 1 I couldnt run that far along side him holding the tether and 2 there is no way he would stay onthe course. At 2 he liked to aim at stuff and thought it was cool when he crashed it!! Thats awesome your kid is that good at 2. Sled racing/riding is my son's favorite thing to do. He talks about it all summer!! I only take a limited supply of fuel when when go out because being out of gas is the only thing that stops him:)

Premium Features