• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

power commader on rmk 700/800

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
hi folks

i need some info about power commander on 700 and 800 engine

is any one running PC on his sled?
any big difference?
fuel economy?
performance?

i need some info

twin pipes and PC should be a good mod for a sled, something between stock and turbo.

thanks

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
hi folks

i need some info about power commander on 700 and 800 engine

is any one running PC on his sled?
any big difference?
fuel economy?
performance?

i need some info

twin pipes and PC should be a good mod for a sled, something between stock and turbo.

thanks

I have a 2007 DRAGON 700, close to stock (mods in my signature) usually ride @ 1200" elevation in Northern WISC, and U.P. Michigan

Ran my sled for 2500 miles (2 seasons) had that dreaded mid-range stumble around 5000-6000 r.p.m. and plugs were ALWAYS BLACK. :confused:

Jan 2009 installed the PC III from Jim @ DYNOTECH with his mapping (he dynoed a 2008 D-7 Jan 1, 2009) Best $365.00 I've spent on this sled.:)

Mid-range is richened up 5-7% (mid range stumble is gone) 5-10% LEANER on top (plugs are close now):face-icon-small-coo

Mileage stayed about the same ( 10 m.p.g. usually) :mad:

Acceleration improved.:cool:

Definitely worth doing the PC III

I would NOT do the V-FORCE 3's again, little to NO improvement for $258.00

Last edited:
Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
i like your mods

V-Force are not worth their money i know that from last year :-(
but PC III with a perfect map and slp twin pipes and maybe a new clutch, that should be a perfect sled for around 1000USD mods

thanks for the info!

do you have the map offline? can you send it by email?

I have a 2007 DRAGON 700, close to stock (mods in my signature) usually ride @ 1200" elevation in Northern WISC, and U.P. Michigan

Ran my sled for 2500 miles (2 seasons) had that dreaded mid-range stumble around 5000-6000 r.p.m. and plugs were ALWAYS BLACK. :confused:

Jan 2009 installed the PC III from Jim @ DYNOTECH with his mapping (he dynoed a 2008 D-7 Jan 1, 2009) Best $365.00 I've spent on this sled.:)

Mid-range is richened up 5-7% (mid range stumble is gone) 5-10% LEANER on top (plugs are close now):face-icon-small-coo

Mileage stayed about the same ( 10 m.p.g. usually) :mad:

Acceleration improved.:cool:

Definitely worth doing the PC III

I would NOT do the V-FORCE 3's again, little to NO improvement for $258.00

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
i like your mods

V-Force are not worth their money i know that from last year :-(
but PC III with a perfect map and slp twin pipes and maybe a new clutch, that should be a perfect sled for around 1000USD mods

thanks for the info!

do you have the map offline? can you send it by email?

Check with Jim @ DYNOTECH ($25.00 annual subscription, website www.dynotechresearch.com or (585) 993-2777 cell or e-mail him info@dynotechresearch.com) He did several dyno tests on the 800 with a variety of different mods and different fuel maps for each and has them available for downloading. I only have the map for the stock D-7, Leaned & Richened as stated in the above post.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
I put an SLP provided PCIII with the SLP single pipe map on my bone stock '09 800. It made a difference over stock for sure. Bottom end is snappier and the midrange stronger.

sled_guy

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
I'm waiting on the PC V which should be along (sounds like) directly. All the reports from people that I highly respect are very positive with extensive experience on the PCIII. I'm tying mine in with my datalogger on 09 Carl's Performance Setup 800 with SLP twins. Looking forward to finding out how close the initial map is or was and also how much more I can find with some adjustability. I ride all over the NW at extreme alt, temp, and condition changes so I think some added flexability will be nice. It has it really good days and it's really great days. Sled is extremely impressive as is...but I want GREAT all day everyday.....greedy!

The power commander guys in Vegas also explained that some "down the road stuff" was coming with added sensor capabilities (like EGT, boost pressure, fuel pressure, ect) How many port and total data logging capabilities are speculative but that is the agenda. They have one added sensor option right now. Need three or four to make it the IDEAL product. That with a working "auto tune" (theoretical closed loop...which is out for the PC V on Harley and a few test bikes tied in will be REAL magical. All assumptions that stuff actually works as projected. Fun stuff coming!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
I'm waiting on the PC V which should be along (sounds like) directly. All the reports from people that I highly respect are very positive with extensive experience on the PCIII. I'm tying mine in with my datalogger on 09 Carl's Performance Setup 800 with SLP twins. Looking forward to finding out how close the initial map is or was and also how much more I can find with some adjustability. I ride all over the NW at extreme alt, temp, and condition changes so I think some added flexability will be nice. It has it really good days and it's really great days. Sled is extremely impressive as is...but I want GREAT all day everyday.....greedy!

The power commander guys in Vegas also explained that some "down the road stuff" was coming with added sensor capabilities (like EGT, boost pressure, fuel pressure, ect) How many port and total data logging capabilities are speculative but that is the agenda. They have one added sensor option right now. Need three or four to make it the IDEAL product. That with a working "auto tune" (theoretical closed loop...which is out for the PC V on Harley and a few test bikes tied in will be REAL magical. All assumptions that stuff actually works as projected. Fun stuff coming!

attachment.php

attachment.php

I was told by DYNOJET approx March that the PC-5/AUTOTUNE was already available for ATV's at that time and was definitely going to be available for sleds by now?????? So has the release date for sleds been delayed??????:confused:

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
sounds good thanks for the info

i heard from few people they have slp twins, PCIII and few little mods and their 700 RMKs are killer sleds.

i
I put an SLP provided PCIII with the SLP single pipe map on my bone stock '09 800. It made a difference over stock for sure. Bottom end is snappier and the midrange stronger.

sled_guy

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
I was told by DYNOJET approx March that the PC-5/AUTOTUNE was already available for ATV's at that time and was definitely going to be available for sleds by now?????? So has the release date for sleds been delayed??????:confused:

Reagarding the PC-5 here's what Stoutner had to say after dynoing the 2009 800 on October 12, 2009

A few answers...

Once we installed the updates the sled made about 10Hp more than the un-updated motor.
The motor just plain ran a lot better once the updates were installed
Fuel controller was still a good boost on HP
Modified cylinder head was still a good boost on HP
Some pipes made some good HP
I'll be running my updated sled, modified cylinder head, and PCIII and will be pulling at least 160HP.
Intake air temps never got below 50 degress and I think the motor will like 15 degree temps a lot more than 50 degree temps...but that is just my opinion.

We tested the Power Commander V and it really was sweet. You basically hook it up, set your desired a/f ratios, run the sled, it adjusts fuel and trims fuel to your desired ratios. It only took about 3 dyno pulls for the PC V to trim the fuel to being just about perfect. That looks to be a great tool if you decide to start with it, add pipes, cans, porting, etc. You'll basically be able to automatically re-tune your fuel without having to go to the dyno.

All in all, it looks like Polaris really got it right with this update. Time will tell but it looks really promising so far.

Wayne

Premium Features