• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powder Claw - Awesome track

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Sorry Rob, I must have misunderstood you when we were talking over your sled??? As well I believe you were running the Challenger Extreme 2.5 before the Powerclaw track, not the Regular Challenger 2.25 which gets confused about alot in comparisons. So I guess it's now down to only one guy I've heard that doesn't like the Power Claw in Revy conditions... So what were you referring to when you mentioned about switching back to the Challenger, from the recent pics it looks like Revy is getting a good dump of fresh recently?

Last edited:

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
last week i threw a P-claw on my 06 m7 153 and took her out for the first ride on sat. before that i was running the STOCK challenger that was ported so that is what im comparing to. we dont have much pow so i cant say much for that but in the bit we do have i can say it is atleast as good if not better than the challenger. as for crusty or harder snow there is no comparison, the pc fricken hooks. i can now pick the skis up and carry them pretty good which i never could before. it hooks so good im gonna have to relearn to ride my sled in those conditions, with the stock challenger there was a certain amount of spin that helped keep things under control and now it just hooks and goes. i actually ended up rollin my sled on sat. cuz i was havin a hard time holdin on to it. i picked a lign up through some trees and hammered down and it lifted the skis and launched me right into one that took me off my sled, good times. i'd say from that its a good investment as i always felt the biggest problem with the stock challenger was the setup snow. now i just gotta learn to hang on a bit better.:) oh and for the down hill braking, its not the best but i didnt feel it was any worse than the stock challenger.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Observations...

The 2.25" Challanger that came on the 07 / 08 M's is garbage - not sure if the duro is different then the reg challenger... The 2.5" Xtreme is an awesome track - used a 156" x 2.5" last year on my M1, installed it on wifey's M8 and streched the M1000 to 162" with a PC. The PC works well in powder, sucks at braking (there is none), and is lacking traction on wind and sun beaten slopes, and on "groomed" trails to the alpine. When funds allow, I will be putting a 2.5" Xtreme under the M1000 again, but in a 162" length. For the snow we get in Golden / Valemount / McBride, the challenger Xtreme is a much better "do it all" type track in my opinion, and I'd gladly swap the PC (used for 3 rides, new condition) for a new Xtreme.

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
Our results were different but not same sleds comparison so take it for what its worth. Semi set up snow first ride out and some drag racing up hill an m7/9 with ce 162 and m1200 and m1000 with pc 162 the ce got them out of the gate every time and for 100 ft at least and the next ride in deep powder m7/9 with ce 162 vs 09 m1000 and me on both sleds again challenger extreme takes the cake.

Treebuster

Premium Member
Feb 14, 2009
I put a 153'' powerclaw on my 06 m7 and love it. Hooks up in the powder way better than my dads maverick and my buddies challenger. I just hope that it will hold up as long as theirs.

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
In the A/C catolog they list a track
2602-45 15in.x 162in.x 2.25in. Maverick-90 duro-51lbs.-clipped every 3rd.
price 1003.95
Any experiences and opinions?

Power Claw

I'll put my .02 in, my buddy bought 09 snopro M8 says the track works good enough that if he bought another brand of sled he'd put that track on it. I think I heard this is only a single ply track? (keep down weight?) would only make sense that it would show wear sooner. I suppose if I had around $800-900 extra laying around I'd throw one on:rolleyes:

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Another thumbs up for the PowerClaw

Switched out the stock 162X15X2.25 Challenger on my 2007 M1000 Sno-Pro this season in favor of the 162X15X2.25 Powerclaw, best move I have made on this sled to date. The stock challenger would just spin. The new Powerclaw grabs the snow lifts the front skis off the snow/ground and away she goes!!:D

Premium Features