• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

polaris track options

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
I have an 07 dragon rmk and was wondering what my best options would be. I was thinking of changing my drivers and running a powerclaw 153" I was also looking into doing some local hillclimbs and my stock track just sucks on hard pack. Was thinking of doing f-bombs track mod.Seems like all the guys that do well at the local climbs are running shorter lugs. Thanks in advance for your input

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I to thought about doing the powerclaw after riding with a new m-8...not anymore..in all snowconditions we have been in a 07 d-7 running a 163camo extreme 2.5 in .with 2.86 pitch on stock drivers has made the other sleds look anemic...champayne powder,setup spring snow with about 8 in of soft on top, hardpack..mine will get the extreme....

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
The 2.5 Camo Extreme has sure made a world of difference on my sled...I love it. Everybody says..."man that thing sure hooks up now" when they ride it or race against it..:D:D:beer;:beer;

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
Sweetest part of the Camo Extreme is no driver change, no cut down of rails, and therefore, no anti stab kit needed. Put the Camo Extreme on and don't look back, unless you want to see the other guys you are riding with.:eek:

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Camo extremes are kinda pricey but sound like they are the way to go for lots of guys. Too bad Polaris doesn't put them on from the factory.

My recommend would be to do f-bomb's mod if you don't want to (or can't) spend the $600+ on a new track. It may even work better than the extreme for spring / hillclimbs since you will have more tunnel clearance / less windage

T

trench

Nov 28, 2007
I to thought about doing the powerclaw after riding with a new m-8...not anymore..in all snowconditions we have been in a 07 d-7 running a 163camo extreme 2.5 in .with 2.86 pitch on stock drivers has made the other sleds look anemic...champayne powder,setup spring snow with about 8 in of soft on top, hardpack..mine will get the extreme....

It's funny, I took out my little dragon the other day 07 700 155 slp piped.

Spring snow about 40cm new, two days old rode with 800's doo's of course
xp,s ect.

Amazing the little 7 took them all, in every thing we did , all day long .

Now I think the stock track was great in the spring conditions, I couldn't imagine a better performace from that sled.

I appreciate all your post and input to the polaris section ...This season.:D

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
It's funny, I took out my little dragon the other day 07 700 155 slp piped.

Spring snow about 40cm new, two days old rode with 800's doo's of course
xp,s ect.

Amazing the little 7 took them all, in every thing we did , all day long .

Now I think the stock track was great in the spring conditions, I couldn't imagine a better performace from that sled.

I appreciate all your post and input to the polaris section ...This season.:D
thanks trench...the 5.1 on my 08 D-8 163 would hang in setup snow with dougs 07 700 with ruth porting,fuel controller, slp single, clutched, geared sled and beat it in powder..then he put on the 2.5 camo..hasnt been close since..powder, setup ,spring doesnt matter..it walks all over all of us ...last ride out in setup snow with 8 in soft on top, where my sled felt like it had a 1.5 track on it(just spin going up hill as was everone elses)..his would snap your neck everytime you goosed it..was very noticable....

T
thanks trench...the 5.1 on my 08 D-8 163 would hang in setup snow with dougs 07 700 with ruth porting,fuel controller, slp single, clutched, geared sled and beat it in powder..then he put on the 2.5 camo..hasnt been close since..powder, setup ,spring doesnt matter..it walks all over all of us ...last ride out in setup snow with 8 in soft on top, where my sled felt like it had a 1.5 track on it(just spin going up hill as was everone elses)..his would snap your neck everytime you goosed it..was very noticable....

Amen brother! The people who have put them on or have riden a sled with the extreme, know . If I had a stock sled, I would put the extreme on before any other performance mod.

N

NewfieBullet1973

Dec 20, 2007
Hey can anyone tell me if you can get a camo extreme to fit an 06' 144" RMK?
If so would I have to mod anything and where is the best place to buy one?

If I can't get this any suggestions on what's the best overall track to get for this sled - I ride in all conditions and the camo extreme sounds awesome!!!

Appreciate any feedback (sorry didn't mean to cut in on yout thread - but these guys sound like they maybe able to help):)

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
I'm thinking your drivers are 2.52 pitch, and therefore you will require a change there to 2.86 pitch to run the Challenger Extreme. I also believe they do not come in the 144 inch length except for 3.0 pitch. You could run a regular challenger in 2" lug height at that pitch, but, would probably be just as well off with the Polaris 5.0 in 2 and 1/8" lug. So, barring a driver change you would have to stick with one of the latter two. You would have to go with avids or some other extrovert driver to run the 3.0 pitch, meaning cutting your rails down up front and adding an anti stab kit.:rolleyes:

mn2mtns

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2008
Montevideo, MN
I put the 163 Camo Extreme on my Turbo 07 Dragon and it absolutley kicked butt. I have never had a sled hook so good and have so much control on steep descents also. I have ridden with plenty of cats with the powerclaw in lots of different conditions and I am glad I went this way. It is also a lot less work to not have to change your drivers. Call Tracks inc. and they will set you up with everything you need.

Premium Features