• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris OEM parts in Canada

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Anyone know of a good source for OEM Polaris parts in Canada other than retail dealer? I need a bunch of 900 engine parts and love Babbitts prices but with our crappy exchange and the fact they only ship UPS (which is brutal) it is no longer a deal. UPS wants $115.00 USD to ship two pistons and a couple gaskets which is nearly $150 CDN......:mad:

J
Mar 7, 2008
Can't be that much I just shipped a whole motor and primary with ups from Alberta to Pittsburgh for $180 cdn. 123 lb box.

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I agree but Babbitt's has an on-line ordering system and freight is arranged and calculated automatically thru UPS. I called and asked them if I could ship USPS or something else more reasonable and got a simple NOPE. You can come and pick up if you want. If it wasn't 1500 miles away I might.

A
Sep 17, 2008
no luck

I have been looking for one also. Since my nearest polaris dealer is 2.5 hours away. So if someone does find one that would be great.
cheers
dan

B
Oct 4, 2008
Bonnyville, AB
Surely the price difference isnt enough to offset the shipping charge?

I just priced pistons for my 05 900 at the local polaris place, and they are 135 each with rings, pins, etc. The other required parts to change the pistons were not bad either.

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
That's where I started too. Cycle Works here wants $148 a piston, Babbitts is $92 but the shipping kills the deal. I would be happy if a local dealer would do a 15% off retail and I would rather give them the business. Cycle Works(West) is a challenge to deal with at the best of times IMHO. I have bought a bunch of parts there in the past and every time it has been a hassle, don't get ordered the first time (or two), never get there when they say they will, never call to tell you they are in or they are back ordered or ????, you end up having to continue to call them to follow up, and to be very honest, most of the counter people I have dealt with have very little knowledge and almost make you feel like they are doing you a favor just to sell you something. Based on my experiences there I just struggle giving them full pop knowing there are other options out there.

S
Nov 27, 2007
SK
Rally Polaris in Prince Albert, Sk say they are the biggest Polaris dealer in Canada. Didnt know that until I saw their website a few days ago while I was lookin for a new Assault. No online ordering like Babbit's but, maybe the pricing and service are better than what we have in the bigger centres like Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatoon or Regina.....

B

BYOB

Feb 18, 2003
Canada, Eh
GKR, I have had excellent service from Elk Island Sales 15 minutes east of Edmonton. On my third sled from them and have not had a bad experience yet. They are good with phone calls and follow up and friendly to deal with. Probably the same prices as Cyclejerks more or less, but at least they are good to deal with.

H
Oct 17, 2010
cylde works west

That's where I started too. Cycle Works here wants $148 a piston, Babbitts is $92 but the shipping kills the deal. I would be happy if a local dealer would do a 15% off retail and I would rather give them the business. Cycle Works(West) is a challenge to deal with at the best of times IMHO. I have bought a bunch of parts there in the past and every time it has been a hassle, don't get ordered the first time (or two), never get there when they say they will, never call to tell you they are in or they are back ordered or ????, you end up having to continue to call them to follow up, and to be very honest, most of the counter people I have dealt with have very little knowledge and almost make you feel like they are doing you a favor just to sell you something. Based on my experiences there I just struggle giving them full pop knowing there are other options out there.

your right dont go there !! i stood in the middle of the show room waiting for 30 minutes with the intent to buy a new sled from them and people just stared at me and walked by....so i went to edmonton and got one there. They are also very difficult to work with

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta

Gotta agree with that, Cycle works west is bad, Elk Island is much better to deal with. Have you looked for pistons on E-bay? you should be able to find some for a good deal there.

Premium Features