• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 797 LR, 727, and 660's For sale

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
Have a few performance engines for Sale.

First up is a 797 Long Rod, this engine is built off my proven recipie with a few twists. you've seen the videos of Fastsledders running, (Jims 797 was originally my engine, and I handled all the parts for Tony/eighpilots Red Head 797 LR)

797 is built off the HO cases with a 70mm stroke crank and a LR.
It has my trail porting, case porting
12.5, 13.6 and 14.2 domes
Forged 85mm pistons
Complete PERC ign with custom timing curve
Oil pump
Bored carbs
V-Force reeds
Updated carb boots
Polaris bearings/seals

This engine is new and incorporates a lot of little improvements I made over my original. Has updated cyl porting, revised timing curve and improvements in the reeds that will increase the peak HP 4-6 HP and improve throttle response. This engine is new and has not been fired.
$2700

Complete engine, just gone through, new pistons, cylinders diamond honed, crankshaft checked/trued
Built off HO cases
Trail ported cylinders and case
Forged 85mm pistons
Bored carbs
Complete PERC ignition, stator/flywheel, CDI
oil pump, recoil, etc
V-force reeds
Updated carb boots
12.5 & 13.6 domes for seal level and high altitude
Complete Pipe set for IQ chassis
Airbox for IQ chassis
Engine mounts for the IQ chassis

The 727 is a strong running engine and is about 4 sleds slower than the 797 LR in a 600' drag race. It does rev quicker than the 797 due to its shorter stroke, like riding a 125 for snappiness with good pull on the bottom end and a wicked midrange hit. This kit will pull 2-3 sled lengths on the SLP 727, different cylinder porting and heads give my 727 an advantage, you can also run my 727 at sea level.
$2500

727 Top end kit
2 727 cylinders trail ported
1 cylinder head assembly
2 domes (choice of comp ratio)
2 piston kits with wrist pin bearings, pins, locks
2 exhaust valves
O-Rings/base gaskets
$1700

726 Race motor
Brand new from Polaris, built off VES cases
Set up for twin pipes
High compression
Ported cylinders
$2000

Complete, built off HO Cases
1542 HO Cylinders Trail ported
2 81mm piston kits
2 cut exhaust valves
12.5:1 compresion head
HO Cases ported
Fresh Crank
V-Force Reeds, updated carb boots
Bored Carbs
Y-pipe
Complete PERC ignition
This 660 is new, has not been run, very strong engine that maintains stock appearance. Good power band with a snappy bottom end and strong midrange pull. This engine will be about 6 sled lengths faster than stock and be about 4 sled lengths behind a 727 in 600'.
$2000

Complete, built off HO Cases
1718 HO Cylinders Trail ported
2 81mm piston kits
2 cut exhaust valves
12.5:1 compresion head
HO Cases ported
Fresh Crank
V-Force Reeds, updated carb boots
Bored Carbs
Y-pipe
Complete PERC ignition
This 660 is new, has not been run, very strong engine that maintains stockish appearance. I utilized a different casting to gain better porting and from there a stronger engine. Good power band with a snappy bottom end and strong midrange pull. This engine will be about 7 sled lengths faster than stock and be about 2-3 sled lengths behind a 727 in 600'. This is most comparable to the 685 kits I produce, the revised cylinder lets me open up the exhaust more and get additional HP.
$2100

Most pics show the engines unassembled, they will be fully assembled before leaving here, easier to get pictures of them this way.

Last edited:
Premium Features