• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PCV and can for 07 Dragon question

I
Nov 13, 2013
Have a few questions about a couple things for my 07 D7 155. First off what exactly does a Power commander do for my sled? It is completely stock but does have a bit of a mid range stumble and mostly black plugs. I found one on CL that the guy had on an 09 800 dragon. Would this work on my 07 700? Also A buddy of mine has a sno stuff can that was off a 2010 IQ 600. First wondering if it would even fit on my 07 if no then I don't even need to worry about it but if it does then I would like to know if it would possible make my sled run worse. Any help is great. Thanks!

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
A pc-v is a tuning piggy back controller... You able to change fuel rich/ lean spots.. in the map.

a pc-v off a 09 dragon would work.. just need the a 700 map..

the snow stuff can... shouldn't make sled run worse.. But it will piss off ur neighbors.. my .02 save ur money for the fuel tank to ride!!

I
Nov 13, 2013
A pc-v is a tuning piggy back controller... You able to change fuel rich/ lean spots.. in the map.

a pc-v off a 09 dragon would work.. just need the a 700 map..

the snow stuff can... shouldn't make sled run worse.. But it will piss off ur neighbors.. my .02 save ur money for the fuel tank to ride!!

Now are you saying save my money on the can or the PCV? Might be able to get both for little to nothing if that changes anything.

I
Nov 13, 2013
I would put on the PC-V.. for sure..

Make sure u get a good map! ;)

Just ride it and have fun!

Now do I just need the PCV? or do I need to purchase anything else along with it? It is a use one that a guy is selling for 300 so Idk if that is a good price or if I should talk him down. I'm what most people would call a newbie. I know the fundamentals but not a ton about all the electrical stuff.

S
Nov 6, 2002
Alaska
PC5

Once you get a pc5 (or a pc3), you then need a fuel map for your particular machine. Someone here may have one to e-mail to you, or you will need to get one from Jim at Dynotechresearch. These are "inline" controllers. Meaning that it is not like a "tune" that you flash over a stock ecu like you do on modern cars or pickups. The 700 will run without this.
Most of the 700s do run ok, but there is a lean spot in the mid range of the fuel stock fuel map. If you keep your throttle in the mid range position for long periods of time, you risk burning down the engine. Read the sticky at the top of this section for a lot of good info on the CFI engines.

I
Nov 13, 2013
Once you get a pc5 (or a pc3), you then need a fuel map for your particular machine. Someone here may have one to e-mail to you, or you will need to get one from Jim at Dynotechresearch. These are "inline" controllers. Meaning that it is not like a "tune" that you flash over a stock ecu like you do on modern cars or pickups. The 700 will run without this.
Most of the 700s do run ok, but there is a lean spot in the mid range of the fuel stock fuel map. If you keep your throttle in the mid range position for long periods of time, you risk burning down the engine. Read the sticky at the top of this section for a lot of good info on the CFI engines.

Would you recommend a PC5 or can I just get my original ECU re flashed and does something like re flashing from the dealer cost a lot if anything?

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
A reflash will not get rid of the mid range stumble. The PC5 will need a map for your 700, I richened up the middle and leaned out the top on mine with a map from Jim at Dynotech Research. Much smoother throughout now. Don't put the noisy can on, you won't see any performance gains from it.

I
Nov 13, 2013
A reflash will not get rid of the mid range stumble. The PC5 will need a map for your 700, I richened up the middle and leaned out the top on mine with a map from Jim at Dynotech Research. Much smoother throughout now. Don't put the noisy can on, you won't see any performance gains from it.

Sounds good. Thanks you for all the information. I think I'm going to try to purchase the PCV. But one last question. How hard is it to download a map from someone. Do they tend to cost money? For sure sounds like the PCV is the way to go.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
If you purchase your PCV from Dynotech Research, Jim will have it all set up for your sled and will email the custom map to you also.

Some maps can be had for free, some have a very small fee.

I
Nov 13, 2013
If you purchase your PCV from Dynotech Research, Jim will have it all set up for your sled and will email the custom map to you also.

Some maps can be had for free, some have a very small fee.

The thing is I don't have a lot of money and buying one brand new isn't an option. I found a used one and may be able to get it for 300 or less

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I've been emailing back and with Jim the last few weeks for Volcano Buster....he has pre-mapped PCV's for $289 shipped.

That's hard to beat.

Agree...forget the can. Unless it is an SLP. The only one that won't affect CFI-4 runnability.

Premium Features