• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PcIII or Attitude controller

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
The time has come to purchase my controller, i was really leaning towards the pcIII but i can get a great deal on a attitude box. I am just looking for some input on the attitude controller did a search but can't find much info if you have run one could you give me a heads up plz, i have to make a quick decision but i don't want to make the wrong one. THX

fasta76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2008
Lumby,BC
I have some riding buddys that have the attitude controler and love it!! They went from a BD and said it ran alot better!! Thats what im going to order this year!

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
I pretty much know how the pcIII works i guess i should have asked just about the attitude, i had pretty much had my mind set on the pcIII but like i say i can save hundreds on the attitude and i just want to make sure it works good. I have the slp pipe package with a timbersled intake on my m8 when i installed the pipe package at the end of last year i found it was way lean in the top end so i removed the pipe and just ran the can for the last couple rides, i really need to get he full package back on and money is a bit tight but i can wait if the pcIII is really that much better i think the attitude box actually costs more when paying retail.

Last edited:
S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
im gonna wait

i have pure logic box and i talked to slp the other day gonna get wideband 2 with display when they come out end of sept then get the new pc supposedly they will work good together but dont have a release date for pc there gonna be hard wired together from what i was told(closed loop i dont know)didnt get a answer

Last edited:
K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
The Powercommander is more expensive and FAR better. Especially for the setup you are running.[/QUOTE]

Thats what i was thinking as well but the attitude i can get for half the price i got till Friday, thinking the money might might be better put towards the pcIII it does make sence to me there is way more adjustment on the pcIII.

B
Dec 21, 2006
The PC is actually cheaper. $350 as compared to $430. The advantage to the Attitude is that it is load based. It does alot of the work for you. The PC has to be micro adjusted on a computer to work properly. When you are on the hill, you can only adjust lo/med, hi on the PC whereas the Attitude can be adjusted like it was designed to do. That being said, I have run the Attitude box on my sled for the past 2 seasons and like it a lot. I have the opportunity to try this and the PC back to back. I will have both on my sled. I will just switch the connections. That was I get the same day, same conditions to compare them. When the snow flies, I will be able to give you a real work comparison.

D
Jun 28, 2009
Sin City
The time has come to purchase my controller, i was really leaning towards the pcIII but i can get a great deal on a attitude box. I am just looking for some input on the attitude controller did a search but can't find much info if you have run one could you give me a heads up plz, i have to make a quick decision but i don't want to make the wrong one. THX

Derek Fisher the owner of Attitude is one heck of a programmer and writes some great code for these controllers. As someone mentioned its load based programming. Although I have not run his controller on my sled yet, I use his turbo kit and controller with a third injector on my RZR and it hauls the mail and runs great! The AFR is always where it should be and I cant say that about the PCIII I use to run with just a pipe. I have read nothing but good things about the guy. Ken

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
Thx to all i am getting a smokin deal on it and the guys at the dealership seem to like them on there turbo's so i think i am going to give the attitude a shot, if i don't like it i am sure i will have no problem selling it to someone else but i have good things so who knows it may be a keeper. My main problem is in the top end its too lean so i got to clean er up. THX again

R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
I have 2 long seasons on my Attitude controller. It works as it should. The key is knowing and adjusting your fuel pressure to work within the parameters of the controller. Pressure varies greatly on these sleds so check it out. Once you get it set, youre done. I rarely have to make changes

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
Ok thanks everyone, i went with the attitude ordered it today. rm kris what should my fuel pressure be at i will probably get a guage if needed i am not to sure what it would be at right now as i have never tested it, and i will be talking to Derek more in the future i imagine once i got er ready to roll, thx again.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Ok thanks everyone, i went with the attitude ordered it today. rm kris what should my fuel pressure be at i will probably get a guage if needed i am not to sure what it would be at right now as i have never tested it, and i will be talking to Derek more in the future i imagine once i got er ready to roll, thx again.

slp tested the pipe at 44psi I think, If all you need is fuel on top don't worry about it.

R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
slp tested the pipe at 44psi I think, If all you need is fuel on top don't worry about it.

What do you mean by that?

Mine was 48psi from the factory. With twin pipes I could not get it lean enough. Sure it was fine at WOT, but it would fall on its face in deep snow or downhill. I started dropping the pressure 1/2 psi at a time down to 44, which is where I left it. My box is at the max (lean) in the pull fuel mode.

Id say start at 44 and richen up your settings and work your way lean.

Your fuel pressure will affect the Attitude box across the board not just WOT

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
[/B]

What do you mean by that?

Mine was 48psi from the factory. With twin pipes I could not get it lean enough. Sure it was fine at WOT, but it would fall on its face in deep snow or downhill. I started dropping the pressure 1/2 psi at a time down to 44, which is where I left it. My box is at the max (lean) in the pull fuel mode.

Id say start at 44 and richen up your settings and work your way lean.

Your fuel pressure will affect the Attitude box across the board not just WOT

Thanks for the info Derek has asked me what mods i got and is going to pre-program or whatever he does so i am hoping it will be close, the guys at the A/C shop in town here have experience with them as well if needed.

In a month or so i should be able to take it out and start testing i can't wait for that, Kris i have no problem installing a regulator and guage i see your point thanks a lot, i may just test it at first but it would not hurt to put a guage on to make sure pressure remains constant and have the adjustability thanks again.

B
Dec 21, 2006
Thanks for the info Derek has asked me what mods i got and is going to pre-program or whatever he does so i am hoping it will be close, the guys at the A/C shop in town here have experience with them as well if needed.

In a month or so i should be able to take it out and start testing i can't wait for that, Kris i have no problem installing a regulator and guage i see your point thanks a lot, i may just test it at first but it would not hurt to put a guage on to make sure pressure remains constant and have the adjustability thanks again.

I have mine set at 42psi. each lbs of pressure is equivelant to 3 jet sizes. If Derek sets yours with the M1000 programming like he did mine, send me a pm and I will send you my specs. I am running the BDX airbox, v-force III's, and the SLP performance package though.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
I have mine set at 42psi. each lbs of pressure is equivelant to 3 jet sizes. If Derek sets yours with the M1000 programming like he did mine, send me a pm and I will send you my specs. I am running the BDX airbox, v-force III's, and the SLP performance package though.

Good info thanks!!! i will pm if need be.

F

frock

Sep 13, 2005
British Columbia, Canada
Kane you may get lucky and find that your fuel pressure is within a range that your controller can handle across the board, but very likely not. The fuel pressure varies greatly from M8 to M8.

What are you using to monitor your changes while tuning? I use an AEM air/fuel and an EGT as well. Once I confirmed my instruments with plugs and wash I haven't had to pull a plug again (plugs are a pain on these laydown engines:(). I use the air/fuel then confirm with my EGT if I think the numbers look a little off.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
Kane you may get lucky and find that your fuel pressure is within a range that your controller can handle across the board, but very likely not. The fuel pressure varies greatly from M8 to M8.

What are you using to monitor your changes while tuning? I use an AEM air/fuel and an EGT as well. Once I confirmed my instruments with plugs and wash I haven't had to pull a plug again (plugs are a pain on these laydown engines:(). I use the air/fuel then confirm with my EGT if I think the numbers look a little off.

This is going to be new to me Frock, i am going to start with the box and a regulator/guage then i will be checking plugs, if i feel the need i will pick up egt's or a/f guage i really hope this works kinda on a tight budget. Early snowfalls should give me time to figure it out, riding is close to home and the local dealer uses them so i may take it to them for initial tuning we will see, can't wait for the box to come in winter will be here soon...

Premium Features