• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PC Suspension!

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
Hey all, just finished PC my whole suspension. High Plains PC in Bismarck, ND did a great job on it, they did the chrome bumpers on my '46 Ford and are now the first to get that finish on metal, so figured why not.
Front suspension
DSC00195.jpg

My favorite, the finish to the steering spindles from the stock aluminum
DSC00197.jpg

Rear put together....
DSC00215.jpg

Should look killer on my sled once assembled, by far nicer finish than the chipped up stock black!
DSC00047.jpg

xc_rider08

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Mandan, ND
Hopefully Thursday night, need to get the sled out of the way so i can get the camper out. Hopefully only takes one night....:beer;

ahh chit!!!! wont be coming back this weekend:(... well good luck with it man!!! ask the gf to help.. she loves snowmobiles;) haha:D:beer;

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Looks great! It takes longer to get all of your tools out and organized then the actual rear suspension install and track align/adjustment.

We put some red sliders (hyfax) on several of ours with a similar arm color combo and it looks awesome. I've done white/black/red and doing a blue combo and the hyfax color sure finishes the look. Red was my personal favorite followed by solid black look. There is a huge weight benefit to coating your suspension rails over non treated aluminum (same as any aluminum part on a sled especially since the rails are one of the largest volume areas and holders of snow and ice). You will be surprised how much less ice freezes and carries on your suspension.
attachment.php

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
been working a lot this week trying to finish a project at work, hopefully have some pics up for you guys with it finished this weekend!!!

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
Finally got the pics of the finished product, really like the outcome from it! A pain to try and fit parts once they have PC on them haha, but well worth it....

DSC00218.jpg

DSC00220.jpg

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
I got it for a real good price becuase I was friends with the coater, but the whole thing cost me right around $150. That was all the suspension pieces that are red too.

G
Nov 28, 2007
Montana
colors

Man! That sure looks sweet! I hate to copycat ya, but on my 08 Shift, that was the look I was after.... Accountant says no!(wife), but we'll see. I will show her your sled with parts installed and she will change her mind, I hope.:beer;

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
Man! That sure looks sweet! I hate to copycat ya, but on my 08 Shift, that was the look I was after.... Accountant says no!(wife), but we'll see. I will show her your sled with parts installed and she will change her mind, I hope.:beer;
If you shop around you can get this done for a decent price, that's what I did. If you can blast the paint off yourself that will save you anywhere from $50-100 off the top. I was able to find a shop that I knew the guy spraying the powder, and he does had a LOT of powder in red and black from other projects, so he was able to do it for a great price too.

Just shop around enough on it and do your homework, it really is not that expensive of a project. :beer;

Premium Features