• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Panthera Build

T
Jan 26, 2019
Pemberton BC
Funny enough that is a procircuit long silencer but it is a 550 and growls ... it runs like a yz250 reving ... but for sure I have a hole in the middle... it was dynoed with Canadian 94 octane does anyone know if their rating is the same as the USA non ethanol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes both US and Canada are R + M /2
Europe is different they just use R

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
So he sent it with a 6-2..... when you get it to idle it’s too lean low to mid... richen enough to get that bike no idle. Top end egt long pulls on pump gets to 1250 on the egt.. I have about 25 gallons through it at this point... I don’t think mine would idle with an 8-3 I would have to choose between an 7-1, 7-0, 8-0, 8-1 .. power jet is a quarter turn out. I know as you go up in size the 2nd number is leaner as you move up in the first number. So maybe a 7-2 would lean the idle enough.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Ok guys last year was a bust for riding but this year I will have a lot more time. This is where we are at I have swapped the lectron for a 40mm smart carb (I have always had better luck with good tuning on these and it fits wayyy better) still using the fuel pump and moving the gas back to the normal dirt bike tank and off the tunnel. I really did not like it on the tunnel I think this is a personal preference. I changed the front springs to .72 and supercross valving. Now I just need snow if we don’t get any I will be driving somewhere this year! But don’t worry even with being I really rich this thing was a beast!IMG_7792.jpg
IMG_7793.jpg

Lachoneus

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2009
Ok guys last year was a bust for riding but this year I will have a lot more time. This is where we are at I have swapped the lectron for a 40mm smart carb (I have always had better luck with good tuning on these and it fits wayyy better) still using the fuel pump and moving the gas back to the normal dirt bike tank and off the tunnel. I really did not like it on the tunnel I think this is a personal preference. I changed the front springs to .72 and supercross valving. Now I just need snow if we don’t get any I will be driving somewhere this year! But don’t worry even with being I really rich this thing was a beast!View attachment 379975
View attachment 379976

looks good ...what length is your ARO and what year? any mods to it? And what size is that gas tank? thanks.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
129 aro 3 track custom side panels ti jam it under as mucpossible. 6 gallon tank and springs to compensate.
The kit started as a 19 le 120 I believe..

idaho_adventure

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2015
That looks great. I'll stick with the Lectron until I hear if you liked to the smart carb. What PC silencer did you use? Tucking the track in that close would help a lot with the handling but it looks like a lot of fab went into it.

Last spring I had a couple of teeth on my clutch gear fail. One of the teeth went under the shift mechanism so when I down shifted I noticed the odd feel and it put a hole in my side case which stopped me from doing any other damage. The replacement gear Panthera sent me was completely different and much stronger. The one that failed looked like the back side was machined too close under the gears. Panthera mentioned that there is a machined bearing recess in the side case that supports the crank end at the primary. The bearing is a non-sealed 6906. I put one in since it looks like it will help.

While figuring all this out, I rebuilt the top end. The plating came off between the exhaust ports and the piston skirt had started to fail. I am guessing the failing skirt caused the plating issue. It looks like I need to change pistons more frequently.

I got it all back together late spring and it ran great. Just need some snow now.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
So we are going with a 50 hours piston change? How many on yours? Also at the beginning I did have an issue with bolts coming loose in the clutch basket but went through and retorqued everything we could access. I am looking forward to riding it this year. As far as fab I had a lot of help from friends to make this thing come together! On the stand the Smartcarb already sounds a feels wayyyyy better. We just got our first snow storm so I would say mid Jan will be the first it can go out at this rate.

idaho_adventure

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2015
I think 50 hours would be pretty safe. It was the original piston and I went well over 50 hours. They changed to piston design so it may last longer. I might limit myself to 50 gallons of fuel to change it too.

Premium Features