• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

oil pump?

K
Nov 29, 2007
kelowna bc
how much oil should the oil pump be putting out? i pulled one one the lines that got to the main bearings started it up and pulled the oil cable but ..it dont even drip.it is getting some oil but not much..i have oil in the gas but want to make sure the mains getr oil..please help

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
Move the oil pump arm to wide open and rev the engine to 3500 RPM or so and then watch your oil line. You wont get alot of oil out of the line but you should see some.

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
it's barely enough to see it coming out, especially on the lines to the bearings. It just gets a little pulse every second or so at idle. You can sorta see it coming out if you hold the arm wide open and raise your revs a bit. If you are running pre-mix anyway don't worry about under oiling for a day, just ride it (when the snow gets here) and note how much oil you went through in the res.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
look for an air bubble in the lines going to the engine from the oil pump and it will moves slowly. if you had the lines off of the oil pump make sure you pulled loosen the bleeder screw on the oil pump to get the air out of the pump

K
Nov 29, 2007
kelowna bc
thanks..i may have jumped the gun on it...it was a basketcase when i got it..i have no idea why they pulled the motor apart..so when i checked the oil i was expecting more to come out, then a bit of comon sense kicked in..if it was a steady drip i`d have to fill the oil every few hours..duh! thanks again

Premium Features