• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil Pump Question!!

B
Dec 10, 2020
Hey Hey,

Just installed a new Indy Dan Long Rod on my 2018 800. Old motor seized, busted piston skirt, lower half of cylinder, general chaos inside the block.
I dont know exactly why the old one blew up. Got hot a couple times, but nothing crazy. Was only at 1650 miles. Im concerned it may have been an oil pump issue. I have no reason to think that, I just don't know why it blew.

Started the Long Rod today, everything runs/sounds good. Runs a little cooler, seems to maybe heat up a little faster when idiling, but seems to be great. If the oil pump fails, or is not pumping into one port, or is plugged somehow, does your ECU let you know? The Low Oil light came on for 2 or 3 seconds a couple times, but reservoir was definitely full. Would it throw a code if there was an issue with oil pump at all?

Any help/insight into this would be rad.

Thanks

I'll post a pick of the old motor after it seized. Anyone know, or seen this kind of failure before? Ideas what caused it?

IMG_3555.jpeg IMG_3556.jpeg

Premium Features