• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro engine repair?

mountain man

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Craigmont, ID
I bought a parts nytro that had a supercharger on it that detonated. Was wondering if there is anyone out there that can rebuild or resleeve the block. I have another parts motor lying around that the block is okay but didn't know if the two could be split and rebuilt into one running engine? The block looks like its a two piece block, but on the yamaha parts diagram of the engine it only shows the block being sold as a complete unit. The upper piece where the head bolts on is where it is detonated. Looking for any help or information.
Thanks

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
You want to keep top and bottom together if you can. If not, you need to line bore and carefully redo the plane bearings. I'll see if I have a good block and let you know in the morning. Otherwise we can help with the repair.

mountain man

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Craigmont, ID
Motor

Thanks, I have plans of building this motor into a high boost motor. Have a .060 head shim and arp head studs to go back into it if it can be fixed.

Premium Features