• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No more Winter X Sno-cross

S
Feb 2, 2008
Inkom,Idaho
It is hard to believe that the Winter X games in Aspen Colorado will no longer have the sport of Pro Sno-Cross races. That comes on the heels of ISOC not having their race At Sandy Utah (RIO TINTO STADIUM) where almost 10,000 fans supported them in 2010 and 9300 fans supported them in 2009. The ISOC has not even give a reason for not having the races in Utah. If anybody has heard why then let us hear from you.
Thanks
SNOMOCRAZY Ps Don't forget the Grass drags in Logan Utah this Saturday sponsered by EXTREME MOTOR SPORTS.

T
Dec 25, 2007
Ahem-

From inside sources, though I will not state what they are for fear of opening a can I can't close. Funding. Pure and simple. The Air Force pulled all its money on ISOC this year. They were the biggest single contributor to the circuit. The feds pulled the carpet away...now you see the results. 10,000 out west may seem like a lot, but more show up in the midwest/east so they are more likely to break even...

It is more than a bummer, and trust me, the crew running things isn't happy about it one bit. Hopefully by next year some of the sponsorships can be resolved. Though the chances of that aren't very good...:face-icon-small-fro

V

VinRacer12

Oct 16, 2011
Bend, OR
Very easy for the circuit to place blame on the sponsors. I can tell you, a lot of what happens is the fault of the people running the race program.

Last edited:

bparks

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Evergreen, Co
x games will see a big lose in people going this year then sno x and sno frestyle were the main reason most people go

Premium Features