• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Team Clutch Alignment ?

Roadbuilder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Just put a new Team secondary clutch on my 2002 Edge 800. I don't have a clutch alignment tool. Can I measure the distance from the back of the primary to the front edge of the secondary for the proper offset.

Any help would be appreciated.

S
Dec 27, 2007
Aberdeen, SD
Measuring that way may get it close. Some say to put the belt on and to align the secondary so that the belt just touches the face of the stationary primary sheave. The moveable sheave of a team sec. is not perfectly straight. This is why the proper polaris tool measures from the face of the pri. stationary sheave to the outside edge of the sec. stationary sheave. To get proper performance and save the cost of expensive belts, I would recommend using the right tool. If you know your dealer, he would probably loan you one.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Measuring that way may get it close. Some say to put the belt on and to align the secondary so that the belt just touches the face of the stationary primary sheave. The moveable sheave of a team sec. is not perfectly straight. This is why the proper polaris tool measures from the face of the pri. stationary sheave to the outside edge of the sec. stationary sheave. To get proper performance and save the cost of expensive belts, I would recommend using the right tool. If you know your dealer, he would probably loan you one.

On the bold, just wanted to pass this along.

All offset tools are NOT created equal.

The official GOLD plated $60.00 Genuine POLARIS tool has approx .070" of kick (to compensate for engine shift under load) already built in to it where the SLP tool is "straight".

With the SLP TOOL, it's set-up for the standard TEAM TSS-98 roller, when using the SLP Tool on the LIGHTWEIGHT and narrower TSS-04 secondary you have to measure .100" @ the front and .120" to .140" @ the rear of the secondary (depending on whether or not you're running the push limiter and torque arm)

There's another company out there that makes (2) different tools for the TEAM rollers, one for the TSS-98 and a different tool for the Lightweight TSS-04 Secondary, but I can't remember the company name.

On the EDGE's, I've used some Chevrolet starter shims behind the rear engine brackets (provided the center to center is a little shorter than the required 11.5" to begin with, usually it is) to get the alignment PERFECT!!!

Last edited:
Premium Features