• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need Help 05 M7

05 M7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2009
Fullerton ND
I have a 05 m7 and i was wondering how to turn down how much oil is getting used because its using alot and i think its starting to cause my spark plugs to foul out

F
Dec 5, 2001
back country
First, you need to measure the ratio it's burning. Next ride, mark a line on your resevoir and fill up oil to the line. Top off the fuel and ride. At the end of the day, refill oil and gas, measureing how much of each carefully. Then multiply gallons of gas times 128 and divide by ounces of oil used. This is your average ratio for the ride. Ideally, you would do this for a couple of different rides in different conditions. If this number is LOWER than the ratio you want to run...you need to turn down your oiler.

Here's a good post on this...http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124013&highlight=oil+usage

M
Dec 16, 2007
montana
do a search on here, lots of info. most need 3 to 5 turns, have to pull the belly pan, pretty simple

Didn't take the belly pan off of mine just popped the airbox out and removed the throttle bodys and popped the adjuster off so i didn't have to work on it on the sled. Deffinitly check the amount of oil before you turn it down. So far have only turned mine out a turn.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
cant you just turn the jam nut up by the junction box were the cables come out to lenthen it

NO

I found it easier to take the belly pan off. Only took about 5min with a cordless drill. You want to lengthen the threaded exposed part of the rod, you'll see why when you look at the pump and linkage.
FWIW, my '05 was running approx 22:1 to 25:1 originally. I took 3 turns out and it is now just over 40:1.
I ran some premix in the gas first ride after adjusting, just in case I leaned it out too much on oil, but it was just right.

Premium Features