• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

mountain tamer rails

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
Which rails are better with mountain tamer suspension. Would it be the timbersled rails or the ice age.

I ordered custom cut Iceage rails & a Mountain Tamer kit thru Allen at Timbersled. Is your sled a Dragon? The snowchecked rails are not compatable with the 2010 Mountain Tamer Kit.

It was easier to order everything for my sled at one time since there are so many variables in changing out a rear suspension.

What mods are you planning for your sled? drivers/rails/track etc?

Alll of these parts if changed will effect the other. Just happens that he is driving a custom T-D8 Timbersled this year so anything you order has been tested & is right..

Mountainhorse posted pics of the TS mod sled in a different thread.

Good luck with the mods...:D

akrevrider

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
I ordered custom cut Iceage rails & a Mountain Tamer kit thru Allen at Timbersled. Is your sled a Dragon? The snowchecked rails are not compatable with the 2010 Mountain Tamer Kit.

It was easier to order everything for my sled at one time since there are so many variables in changing out a rear suspension.

Ice Age makes the rails for Timbersleds Mtn. Tamer kit.

Timbersled makes a Fit kit to adapt the Mtn. Tamer to the OEM rails so you don't have to run the Ice Age rails. They are a lot stronger though.

PolarisFitKit.jpg

Last edited:
S
Aug 17, 2009
Palmer, AK
its for my 09 163 d8 and ill be running it stock untill i get my turbo which wont be till spring at the earliest or ill just do a summer project next year, but a turbo is going in there by next winter. So if the rails from timbersled are made at ice age why are they $100 more then the ice age rails for timbersled. Just comparing prices from each others website. I guess it dont matter to much but id like my rails to say ice age and if the ones from timbersled do then ill pry just order it all at once from them for simplicity.

S
Aug 17, 2009
Palmer, AK
"Rails are sold in pairs (i.e. if you need 1 pair, select "1" on quantity drop bar). Displayed weight is the shipping weight, not the actual product weight. TSRMK1448 shown in picture."
^^^ from ice age website for 05-09 rails for mountain tamer at 350 for a pair. Just seems kind of wierd but this is from code red performance
"Rail Kits Include: 2 slide rails, Hyfax, front rail caps, bottom out pads, track adjusters".
Is the $100 diffrence come from that and that ice age is just the rails?

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
I'm doing a 09 d8 163 out of the crate as we speak, did mt tamer then ordered the ice age rails from timber sled for their kit and am damb glad i did.
They come with timber sled stamped on em and are shorter in front to work with the avid drivers. did i say how glad I am I did it. Also sent em to f-bomb for powder coating , that the tits also

B

Budd

Nov 26, 2007
Eastern, ID.
Ice Age has a hand full of 09 Mtn Tamer rails left. Once they are gone Timbersled or a Timbersled dealer is the only place you will be able to buy Mtn Tamer rails and the retail price will be $500.00 a set plus S+H. Budd

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Montana
rails

I ordered both the 2010 Mnt Tammer and Iceage rails pre-cut for avids, hard anodized, with out kick up from Iceage. The timbersled was drop shipped to me and I am waiting on the rails, should be complete 1-2 weeks. The reason I went with Iceage was the price for the rails. It sounds like they may not be doing that any longer conflicts with pricing.:eek:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Even though there is no snow for a while here... I'm chomping at the bit to get my rails and skid here that I ordered through Timbersled in the next couple of weeks!!

Ok... Rails.....

Here’s the scoop straight from both places (Ice Age and Timbersled). I spoke with both on the phone so I thought I'd pass on the info.

There are 3 people that have orders in for the 2009 style Timbersled rails from a while back that are custom builds. Those 3 orders will be shipped at the 2009 price. These 3 orders will be filled by Ice Age as the end of the production run prior to the transition to the orders for the 2010 rails. These are being shipped as complete suspensions.

Ice Age is also a Timbersled products dealer. You can still order the Timbersled rails thru Ice Age if you prefer. The price is the same as ordering them through Timbersled.

Ice Age and Timbersled both have closeout rails of the 2009 design (different from this year’s) and are available for shipping now... those are closeout rails from last year.

This is coming from Mike Johnson at Ice Age mfg. and he is clarifying this with Jake at Ice Age as well. Also confirmed with Allen Mangum, owner of Timbersled.

Hope this clears things up....

BTW..Timbersled DOES have the "Fit Kits" available for use on your stock rails for $50 with the purchase of your suspension.

Premium Features