• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 with SLP y and pipe kit?

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
160Hp I would say no but I still like mine on my 09 M8. I would guess the pipe makes close to 8-10Hp and does make a nice difference. I am going to do some porting on mine and that should put it close to 160-165hp.

B
Dec 3, 2001
No. Utah
My wifes 07 M8 is stock and mine has the SLP kit and intake. There's a BIG difference. I've run SLP singles on Poo 800's and Cat 900's and this single adds more than either of those.

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
I also want to put the single on my o9 m8 Did you all follow SLP cluthcing setup or something else? thanks
think im gonna do the bdx box at the same time.

S
Sep 12, 2008
@ 10,000 Feet CO.
I have an HCR with a SLP kit Y pipe, pipe and can. I am also running a SpeedWerx head with some porting and shimming. Also It has a BDX air intake and the clutches were tuned for the power. We think she is pulling 172hp or so but who knows. The thing has way more power than stock thats for sure. The builder also has a lot to do with it! I love it almost don't want a 2010 but prob going to get one.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I just put on my slp pipe kit on my crossfire 800 yesterday and rode it for the first time today. It flat out rips, completely new sled, This thing has a lot more power than stock, and the pipe is definetly worth it.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
I also installed the slp pipe package an my sled totally rips too, i have the timbersled intake and found out i need fuel management system i think i am going to go with the power commander III. I re-installed the stock y pipe and pipe and can't wait to get the slp package back on there is no comparison, it also tells me how well my timbersled intake works that intake alone makes a big difference, i also noticed my sled would pull about a extra 400 rpm 7650 or so to around 8100 thats what slp says it will make that 160hp at, i think its close they are supposed to work even better with a management system so we will see when it gets here.

Last edited:

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
did you get it pre programmed from slp? or wont they do that if you have some mods not from their company?

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
did you get it pre programmed from slp? or wont they do that if you have some mods not from their company?

Looks like slp is pre-programming them probably for their setup i will probably order friday i still have questions as well, dynojet sells them programmed flat and recommend the wideband commander for testing this looks like it would work perfect for fine tuning a long as a guy was willing to spend time on it, slp may have it pre programmed close but i don't think they would test every situation i will let you know my findings.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I talked to slp about the power commander and they work great, however, they do not have a tune for just the slp pipe. The only custom tune they have for the M8 is for there performance package which is the slp pipe, head mod, intake, porting, and v-force reeds. If you get one for just the pipe and different intake you will have to tune it yourself which will require EGT's or a air fuel guage.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Is anyone running an SLP single with a BDX intake on the '09 M8 and not having to run a programmer? SLP says no with their air horn deal , but BDX is a bigger draw of air. My wifes M8 is running on the rich side and I have a BDX intake and Speedwerx can. It seems pretty rich right now and is almost sluggish. I have 43.5 on fuel pressure.

Last edited:

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Anyone ???

Is anyone running an SLP single with a BDX intake on the '09 M8 and not having to run a programmer? SLP says no with their air horn deal , but BDX is a bigger draw of air. My wifes M8 is running on the rich side and I have a BDX intake and Speedwerx can. It seems pretty rich right now and is almost sluggish. I have 43.5 on fuel pressure.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Thanks - and I believe '09 mapping was richer than '08 - correct ? anyone ?
I have a SLP can on another M8 - would just need to buy the y-pipe / pipe. Considering trying it. I assume you're happy with your set-up?

I have a 08 that way with no controller so far so good.

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
thats the setup i want on my 09 SLP single with the BDX box. But prefer not to have to buy the programmer. I might be stuck with SLP airbox mod with there pipe

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I pulled mine apart today to have slp do the porting and mine still is rich looking at the piston wash even with the slp pipe. Mine is way over oiling to, I need to get that under control but mine lookes rich enough I think I could of added an intake without a fuel box.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Thanks for the input - anyone else actually running a SLP Single and BDX intake on an '09 M8 at the 3000-6000 elev range w/out a controller ????

Premium Features