• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m8 slp single + BD box issues

Mike89

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Alberta, Canada
Hey guys. Got a 08 M8 slp full pipe, d+d intake + reeds. Just wondering if it would work to have this setup without the control box?? I'm having issues trying to dial it in right. Sloppy from 0-5000 RPM then good after that. I set it leaner but still didn't work very well, still bogged?? Can't figure it out. Anyone have any advice for me? Would this work without the control box? Or what to do?? Thanks guys

MIKE

J
Jan 12, 2009
M8

Mike I have an 08, M8 with SLP Y-pipe, Pipe, and Can. I also have a Set of Boysen Reeds, and I am not sure of the intake brand, But I beleive it is a Black Diamond. I do not run a fuel control box, or need one. I ride in the Big Horn Mountains and this thing will run with any 800. It had a little bog at 5000rpm, and the dealer changed my clutch weights to 71's. I also have a tone of venting on this sled to keep it cool and breathing. Hopefully this will help.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
Be careful without the box. Also if you can't get it dialed from 0-5000 look at your clutching. Are you using EGT's or an AF gauge to tune with? If not I'm guessing it would be nearly impossible to get it tuned right, the 3500 and 5000 range is hard enough to tune with an A/F gauge, I can't imagine without it.

Mike89

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Alberta, Canada
Be careful without the box. Also if you can't get it dialed from 0-5000 look at your clutching. Are you using EGT's or an AF gauge to tune with? If not I'm guessing it would be nearly impossible to get it tuned right, the 3500 and 5000 range is hard enough to tune with an A/F gauge, I can't imagine without it.

I do have the EGT's. But I'm getting very confused, maybe go back to stock and start fresh. Any other Ideas??

Premium Features