• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 - SLP PIPE Hits power valve cable - Anyone else?

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
I installed a SLP pipe on my 08 M8 tonight, and the pipe rests on the clutch side powervalve cable housing. Is this normal? Anything to worry about? I covered the housing with a bunch of high quality reflective tape.

iahegdal

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
I have had two different pipes on my M8 and both had the same problem.

On the last one I marked the spot with a sharpie, took the pipe off, placed the round end of a ballpean hammer on the spot and then whacked the other end of the ballpean with a bigger hammer. This provided a fairly smooth indentation in the pipe and provided about 1/4" clearance. It takes a second set of hands to hold the pipe still while doing this.

Its a shame SLP is still making the pipes with this clearance issue.

Dec 22, 2007
Had the same issue on my Brothers M8 slp kit. I used piece of 1/4 rubber and mounted it to the pipe rest using a little RVT to keep it stuck there, This liflts pipe up and creating the clearance you need.....Fixed... Go riding!!!:face-icon-small-hap

907KB

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
fixed

I cut about 1 inch off the stock heat shields on the powervalve cable, and wrapped it with heat tape. I now have 1/16 clearance Clarence. Hopefully it works out with no problem. It should be better with even that small gap, as heat transfers faster if the two objects are touching.

Last edited:

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
How much clearance do you guys have between your pipe and the front spark plug cap on the PTO side

Premium Features