• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 compared to M1000

G
Jan 29, 2009
Walla Walla, Washington
I'm looking at a couple 07 M1000's and want to know any and everyone's opinion on them. I've heard horror stories about how they're tough to be able to get running right? Is this correct?, has anyone else faced this problem. People tell me that the M8 would be a better all around sled considering reliability, weight, and power:confused:. Whats your opinion on this comparison?

R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
Welcome to the forum. The M1k has some issues, but what has more potential???? Ive never had a new sled that didnt require alot of tweaks and changes. If the extra power isnt a big deal go M8? You can always add a turbo. But yet, you could always add a turbo to an M1k!!! What to do?? The M8 is a bit easier for a boondocker and doesnt seem to have the belt issues to figure out.

I have no bias, but my M1k is running like an animal! It took some work yes, but worth it to me. And you have the tools at your finger tips.
(If you buy the M8, youre gonna need a turbo) but Im not biased:D

D
Dec 31, 2007
n. idaho
first off i dont own one. that said my buddy bleeds arctic cat green he has a 07 m1000 and his son has 07 m8, the m8 is a better all around sled, the 1000 is better on the long pulls but just about everywhere else the 8 is right on his tail,
the 8 has the slp pipe, y pipe
the 1000 has slp pipe, y pipe, reeds, boondocker box, and aftermarket head

R

RMK SeVeN

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
I bought an M1 this summer, coming of an RMK 800. My deciding factor to go with the M1 over the M8 was I just had an 800, and it was piped. Why would I want another 800 that I'm just going to toss more money into to get it where I wanted. So I got the 1000 and if I feel the need that I need MORE power, then that option is still there, just in a single pipe. I have had ZERO problems with mine.

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
The way I see it, if I get an M8, there will be one time somewhere, when I wished I would have had the M1000. I decided not to go through the regret.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
The way I see it, if I get an M8, there will be one time somewhere, when I wished I would have had the M1000. I decided not to go through the regret.

Ditto.

You can keep mods mild on the m1000 & still have a monster, try that on an M8.

I guess folks that ride lower elevations and stiffer snow could look at the m1000 the way I look at the race gas turbos, they take the fun out of the hill. With us riding at extreme elevations, my 1000 with some mods is probably like a stock M8 at 4000!

I'm still bitter that cat is getting rid of the 1000, the low altitude guys may not need it, but come pull a 2000+ foot chute that tops out at 13k, it's a different story. (you gotta climb to get to the cornices right???)

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
I just bought a 2007 M1000 a couple weeks ago. I came off of POS polaris 800. It was the best move of my life. It just flat out runs. The first big hill I hit and blew over the top my friends said they could hear me at the bottom yelling WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love it!!!!!!

Nov 12, 2008
with many updates just recently on the 07 m1000 a lot of problems solved
but I worry about the 4 tower clutch "breaking and eating belts" if the sled hasn't been switched to 3 tower and the diamond drive if used becarful listen for winning look for leaks check reverse works and if you can ride it check for vibration "you may feel it in your toes

Premium Features