• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 Cans?

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
Wondering if anybody having any success running a non Speedwerx can with an 800 high alt Speedwerx pipe on the M8's?
Thanks!

P.S. Still looking to buy a S/W can if anybody's interested in selling pm me.
One like this:
pipe011-2.jpg

cat rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairmont, MN
I'm running a MBRP with my spdwerx pipe and haven't had any issues with it, might be a little louder though. Also, I'm pretty sure it weighs less then the spdwerx can too.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
I'm running a MBRP with my spdwerx pipe and haven't had any issues with it, might be a little louder though. Also, I'm pretty sure it weighs less then the spdwerx can too.

Did you start with the MBRP? wondering if you might know how it compares to the SW can performance wise. Thanks:beer;

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
I put the stocker back on for now, but boy she's heavy...

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
UHHHH! no. I raced my cousins M1000 this weekend with my crossfire 8 with an SLP pipe setup and he beat me, not by a lot, but he beat me. I also used to have a skinz can on my sled and it did nothing for performance at all.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
I am using a Speedwerx set up with porting and a bd box.

I was misinformed and didn't do my homework when buying a can in the first place. I subsequently found out I had bought a used D&D M7 can and put it on there thinking it was a Speedwerx M8 can... long story... Anyway here I am trying to get something on it that will work like it's supposed to. So thanks for all the suggestions. I did a few pulls with the stocker back on today and it's a little better than what I had on there, go figure. But she's heavy...

I'm looking for one that works better than stock, just like everybody else I guess. Just wondering if anyone had experience with an aftermarket can on a Speedwerx pipe?

Thanks Again!

BTW: I'd still buy a speedwerx 800 can like the picture if anybody has one they want to to part ways with.

Last edited:
F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
how much for your M7 can ?

Now here's a man who see's an opportunity;)

Sorry Justin, I had that sucker sold about 2 months ago. The buyer was just waiting for me to take it off my sled while I was holding out for a Speedwerx 800 Can.

ANYONE GOT ONE FOR SALE???

I can tell you he is getting a screaming good deal :D

Thanks for asking dude!

K
Dec 11, 2007
UHHHH! no. I raced my cousins M1000 this weekend with my crossfire 8 with an SLP pipe setup and he beat me, not by a lot, but he beat me. I also used to have a skinz can on my sled and it did nothing for performance at all.

yeah well most of your sleds performance is all about clutching.....what kinda track you got on your crossfire?? not the powerclaw?

Premium Features