• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 hp?

Y
Dec 26, 2007
I am looking at a m7 and i am wondering what the stock hp is and what i can make it with a few simple mods like......Clutching single pipe + can, intake, vents and anything else!:beer;:beer;

R
Dec 5, 2007
140 hp, clutching, rkt head wakes them up, also fuel pressure regulator, like injector perfector, most of them have to much pressure, turn down the oiler, they don't really like air box mods, some after market cans can create a bog. you won't see great gains with a pipe, some guys running twins say they run like a raped ape if you can get them tuned right, but are famous for melting everthing under the hood, and are finiky, if you run twins go with non coated pipes, the ceramic coated ones hold to much heat and that motor doesn't like it.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
according to cat they were around 140. If you look at any pipe company's dyno charts they show the stock m7 around 127ish. I ride with a few m7s that have the clutching done right and a pipe, maybe a few other small things and those sleds can really rip! if set up right.

F
Dec 5, 2001
back country
If you get the fuel pressure right, and restrict topend fuel just a touch, they will make an honest 140 at sea level (according to DTR). Most were rich, from bad mapping and/or too much fuel pressure.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
I run my M7 162 LE from 0-3000 ft with D&D pipe, Y-Pipe, And Skinz can.....Exhaust made a big difference for me. I think one of the biggest gains besides exhaust was the 10.4 secondary clutch. With the mods I do not run any fuel controller, and run 87 octane, the sled was definitly mapped rich from the factory. Also put the lightweight Float rear suspension on, saved a few lbs and holds much less snow.

John

Premium Features