• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 Gearing..

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Just ordered a 54/66 combo from BDX. Thinking it should provide some "snap" to the old girl??:confused: Added the 10.4 and noticed a bit of improvement, and will finally install the BDX lightewight shaft/drivers I've had for about a year :face-icon-small-blu Think I'll need to monkey with my clutching at all? Most of our riding is done about 7000' and below :D
G.

PowerJoe

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Track Speed

If you get a chance, check your track speed before and after changing the gears. I would like to know the results.

I have a stock M7 with the 10.4 and get 34-36 mph in the deep powder going up hill. I would like to get more but not sure if I can without more horsepower. I run a 153" challanger track.

I would think with the gear change that you might be able to run a different helix. Don't know if it would help mph but may help the upshift.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
I'm seeing about 38-40 in a climb... not sure I'll pick up much for trackspeed, just looking to add some more zip to the weak bottom end on the lil 7 :rolleyes:

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
i geared my m7 to 55/65 and have no complaints. i'm still using the 10" secondary but i think there was a pretty good gain in out of the hole snap. it'll get up and move quicker than the stockers i ride with but it'll still run neck and neck on the topend with them. as for track speed its still pretty much the same as the stockers anywhere between upper 30s to lower 40s depending on conditions, but i am still tinkering with clutching as i got a bad habit and cant leave well enough alone so we'll see what happens.

Premium Features