• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000, Bad ECU?

hainesrx

Premium Member
Jan 27, 2008
Sled has no spark. Stator is good because I replaced with a used one. I have electrical to my gauges, I checked my grounds and they are good, and all wires in my wiring harness show no signs of wear or melting that would be of concern. I unplugged the wiring harness to the handlebars and still nothing. Besides all of this, my local dealer will not look at the ECU unless it is on the sled and returned back to stock. Even if the ECU is not bad, they will not update it to the latest reflash unless the sled is returned to stock. My warranty just ran out, but it sounds like it is no good anyway. I know this sounds like alot, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Get a different dealer!
I just had my stock 1000 update/reflash done and the dealer is curious to see what I think of the reflash because my sled is the first stock sled he has done the reflash on.
He has done the reflash on multiple sleds with pipes and fuel controllers as well as a 1200 turbo.

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Get a different dealer!
I just had my stock 1000 update/reflash done and the dealer is curious to see what I think of the reflash because my sled is the first stock sled he has done the reflash on.
He has done the reflash on multiple sleds with pipes and fuel controllers as well as a 1200 turbo.

Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:
Premium Features