• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking at a 1085 PSI Genesis, what do I need to know?

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
I'm looking at buying a sled with the big ol' 1085. He wants 3 grams and its in a gen II chassis. Everything seems to be in good condition. If everything looks good, I'm gonna drop it in my '09 mountain IQr. Maybe on a side note - whats needed for this other than pipes.

My hesitation is that everyone said PSI was junk but they ran amazing WHEN they ran, which apparantly wasn't that often. Now I've known this particular sled and it hasn't seemed to give the guy much grief, BUT, he doesn't ride it very much at all.

So my question is: buy or stay away? If I buy it, should I plan a set of pistons every thousand miles/year? What do I need to look for with this engine.

Also, I believe this is built off an 800 non-ves bottom end, is this true?

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
You better actually check on pistons for it before you buy cause i'm pretty sure there are no manufactures making pistons for that thing, unless you want to order 12 from weisco (minimum custom order) likewise ZERO other parts available, it breaks, your done. IMHO i'd pass on

W

w browning

Mar 21, 2009
I think turbotater or speed racer on this forum may have pistons for this engine. If it is a 1085 it is built on a custom cast case and has a stroked crank both are scarce and cost a lot coin. I have a couple PSI's that run good, but I know if the wrong thing breaks I'm outa luck.

Premium Features